Mid-level industry position
Markit Pricing Data provides robust coverage across Bonds, CDS, Structured products and Syndicate Loans pricing, as well as equity volatility data and securities lending data for stocks and bonds. Besides these we also provide derived data like Liquidity, Sensitivity for these asset classes utilizing our state of the art products.
IHS Markit is seeking experienced testing professionals to join its IHS Markit India operation. This position will involve hands-on test build /execution role in the financial domain. It is a Dev testing position and will require knowledge of java/automation.
• Strong experience in automation/white box testing using Java
• Experience in designing high efficiency tests for scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications
• Strong understanding of test design techniques( Boundary value Analysis and Equivalence partitioning)
• Database knowledge with ability to frame basic queries
• Must have good communication skills
• Must have strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Exposure to AWS will be an added advantage
• Exposure to BDD will be an added advantage
• Should be growth oriented, confident and self-starter
This position will involve hands-on test build /execution role where the creative inspiration can fuel BIG Innovation.
Duties & accountability:
• Design automation test suites based on user requirements
• Perform exploratory manual tests to ensure quality.
• Exposure to Core Java & Maven
• Good understanding of relational databases, SQL, stored procedures and other data manipulation technologies.
• Understanding XML files and interpreting results provided in the format.
• Knowledge of ALM and Jira
• Experience with programming languages (Java)
• Demonstrated ability to work in a globally distributed software development team.
Education and experience
• Fluency in English, spoken and written
• Solid technical background in implementing object oriented systems
• Experience with advanced low level Java programming APIs, such as concurrency, NIO and byte buffers.
• Dollar Savings gained through better and effective coverage of test assets
• Able to provide regular progress and status updates on your development tasks to your manager and peers
• Manage and track progress of ongoing items you depend on
• Strong desire to learn new technologies, methods and tools
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to report accurate test status and progress to the QA manager and other
• Willingness to be flexible and adapt to project priorities and processes and ability to meet deadlines.
• Work closely with development and project team members globally to deliver high quality solutions to aggressive time frames.
What You'll Love About Us – Do ask us about these!
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy – we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!