Mid-level industry position
McLaren Automotive is growing from strength to strength, we are producing more cars than ever before, and it all comes down to the hard work and dedication of our employees. With unprecedented growth comes opportunity, this is a chance for you to join us and build upon your skills and experience enhancing and growing within your area of expertise and career with an iconic brand. You will be joining us at an exciting time, where you will be an integral part of our Track25 business plan.
You will be part of our business plan to launch 18 new models or derivatives of our vehicles, expanding our retailer network into new markets with an aim of having 100 retailers globally. To ensure McLaren Automotive continues to be at the forefront, we invest heavily into our employee’s development and this could be an exciting step within your career in a fast-paced growing team where there are possibilities of progression.
- This role requires you to work closely with the Suppliers allocated to the Commodity Group, to ensure the suppliers Management team are fully supporting McLaren Quality and Capacity requirements.
- You will provide leadership to a team of SQA Engineers and assigned Suppliers to deliver the McLaren Supplier quality, capacity and timing requirements.
- You will provide leadership in the cross functional Supplier APQP process, collaborating with Product Development, Manufacturing and Purchasing to drive key open issues to closure.
- You will establish and maintain control of the supply base part Quality and part availability in support of the McLaren business objectives.
- Develop strategic Supply base improvement
- You will work with Cross Functional Leadership partners to drive collaborative behaviours to achieve optimum outcome for McLaren Profitability.
- You will maintain training and development plans for the SQA Site Engineers (to include succession planning) and self- development plan.
- You will be responsible for planning and deploying SQA Site Engineer resources to cover the allocated suppliers in the Commodity group.
- You will ensure new supplier site Sourcing is well researched to build and maintain a competent supply base.
- You will support Supplier selection & development processes to achieve a self-sufficient supply base (IATF16949). Ensure Non IATF16949 suppliers deliver their certification qualification to the approved sourcing plan.
- You’ll ensure all new tooled parts have APQP reporting established at the earliest opportunity (No later than at Sourcing Confirmation).
- You will lead Robust Manufacturing Feasibility strategy deployment and reviews.
- Maintain Plan of parts that require PPAP approvals and ensure the SQA Site Engineers make progress to plan follow ups to maintain the launch / delivery commitments.
- You will drive Supplier / Part Risk Assessments and develop risk mitigation actions.
- You will be responsible for Identifying Critical suppliers / parts that require full cross functional team engagement with the supplier.
- You will provide supplier progress reporting to SQA Program team for: APQP open issues, Non PPAP part pedigree prior to each build phase and PPAP delivery forecast / actual confirmation.
- You will assign resources to provide Critical New part PPAP approvals on time.
- You will track and manage PPAP part approval to agreed delivery plan.
- You will manage Non PPAP part Concession process to ensure “Plan for every part” is established to support the builds.
- You will deliver Quality & Capacity Verification Quality of Event on time delivery.
- You will drive Major open issue resolution at Key suppliers, to ensure Supplier Senior Management team are fully engaged in the resolution process.
- You will drive Supplier Quality QCR issue resolution (8D) process to closure, to prevent reoccurrence.
- You will support current production with immediate response to Supplier Quality related build roadblocks.
- You will provide “Stand in cover” for SQA Manager Peers or Head of SQA as required.
- You will lead process improvement initiatives.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Technical Engineering qualified to Degree standard or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Have a working understanding of: APQP, PPAP,FMEA,SPC, MSA.
- Structured Problem Solving (8D)
- Robustness – Taguchi Methods
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio etc.
We offer a range of benefits and discounts with our partner organisations, below is just a few of the incentives of working for McLaren.
- Salary: Competitive.
- A structured Career Development Framework to support your development.
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
- Provision of a regular shuttle bus to and from Woking station at key commuting times.
- On-site subsidised restaurant.
- Life assurance to the value of 4 times base salary (statutory cap applies).
- Eligibility to participate in our preferential lease car scheme.
- *Eligibility for company funded individual private healthcare; this also comes with the opportunity to extend to partner or spouse and/or dependents at a discounted rate.
- *Auto enrolment on to the company’s pension scheme.
- *Enhanced company maternity, paternity or adoption leave and pay.
- Group activities forum which organise a range of activities from sporting competitions to museum visits and family events.
- *Travel incentives such as Ride to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans.
- Break out refreshment areas and a coffee bar with wi-fi facilities.
- The opportunity to become a member of the on-site McLaren Fitness and Wellbeing Centre.
* Qualifying period applies
We recognise that to be as good at people as we are cars, we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
To apply click on the 'apply now’ button.
Mid-level industry position
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom