Executive / senior industry position
The Senior manager of Distribution Center is responsible for manage the day to day operations of the distribution centers within the scope to deliver high level of service on fulfilling customer orders within budget and in compliant with the regulatory requirements including GSP. The position also plays a vital role on setting DC strategies, implementing various initiatives and driving continuous improvements in distribution centers.
- Provide operational leadership across Thermo Fisher distribution centers within the scope of this position.
- Lead the Fulfilment operations team(s) on the delivery of safety, service, accuracy and cost KPI’s.
- Deliver optimum performance levels on site across all areas of the operation including, but not restricted to, goods receiving, Put-away, inventory control, picking, packing, dispatching and returns.
- Lead the Distribution team to attract, acquire, retain and develop the necessary talent to continuously improve team performance and capability.
- To effectively manage relationships with key stakeholders to deliver great service at the best possible cost.
- Lead the operational relationships with 3PL partners to ensure the service level is satisfied and cost within the budget.
- Develop best in class operations via sharing best practice internally and externally so as to continuously enhance the operation and business
- Ensure that the Distribution organization is compliant with the Quality Management System, GSP & ISO 13485.
- To ensure that the distribution network is able to support the current trading and future expansion plans
- Comprehensive, hands on knowledge of distribution & warehousing processes, controls, safety and best practices
- Minimum of ten (10) years of warehousing and distribution experience of which five (5) years are in a leadership role in logistics/distribution/supply chain
- Multi-site warehouse experience
- Knowledge on Medical Device GSP regulations
- Strong verbal, written, organization and analytical skills
- PC literacy, a team mentality and multi-tasking skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience in setting up warehouses from scratch
- Contract / Supplier experience with strong negotiation skills
- Proficiency in ERP systems (SAP preferred)
- Proficiency in WMS (Implementation experience preferred)
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).