Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
The Analyst / Senior Analyst, Government Pricing position is responsible for managing the accurate calculation and timely submission of all required government price reporting and contract related performance measures.
Included in this role is responsibility for assuring compliance with all pricing and reporting requirements legislated by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the Department of Veterans Affairs, and any state legislation required price reporting. This includes a full understanding of all current legislation and staying abreast of pending legislation.
- Medicare Part B (ASP)
- Ability to calculate, validate and report accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual government pricing.
- Full understanding of GP calculation methodologies including understanding how changes can impact calculated results.
- Ability to research and analyse period over period changes documenting what caused the variance to occur
- Ability to present government pricing policies and results to senior management.
- Ability to review and confirm customer COT’s per company guidelines.
- Support calculation compliance and related process improvements, including automation opportunities.
- Understand and estimate impact of pricing and policy changes regarding government pricing.
- Perform pricing research and analysis on special projects as assigned
- Validate data integrity by reconciling to general ledgers, resolving data scrub violations, and confirming successful load into GP system.
- Manage the calculation and analysis of monthly and quarterly submissions of product pricing information and other pertinent data to CMS including calculating and reporting AMP, BP, URA, ASP, and other related pricing for applicable products.
- Manage the calculation and analysis of any restatements as appropriate for CMS submissions for eligible prior periods.
- Manage the analysis and preparation of the quarterly and annual submission of product pricing information and other pertinent data to the VA including calculating and reporting non-FAMP, FCP, MFC, and other related pricing for applicable products.
- Contract management of the Department of Veterans Affairs including filing of RFMs, Tracking Customer monitoring, Temporary Price Reductions, Blanket Purchase Orders, and overall subject matter expert on the VA’s contract life cycle processes.
- Comply with the preparation of quarterly, annual, and other State reporting per state and federal statutes.
- Complete understanding of calculation metrics and methodologies and ability to research and communicate cause of variances of results when comparing current period to prior periods.
- Solicit and understand the contract structure and strategy of the Contracts & Pricing business segments and their impact on Medicaid Average Manufacturer Price, Best Price, FCP, OGA Price, NFAMP, and Average Sale Price calculations.
- Perform and sub-certify all necessary processes needed to ensure compliant submissions including, but not limited to G/L reconciliations, COT review, and 340b eligibility review.
- Ability to review and understand commercial contract language as pertaining to BP and FSS Tracking Customers.
- Manage the GP systems and update SOPs as required
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Masters Degree/MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of prior experience in a government pricing calculations, OR in a financial, analytical field with demonstrated success
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of government regulatory requirements through prior experience with at least 2 years in a pharmaceutical contracts group, or providing speciality consulting services is preferred
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written.
- Strong computer skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Executive / senior industry position
Atlanta , United States