Executive / senior industry position
- Department : Research & Development
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Senior Manager, External Development Projects to join our Research & Development department.
The position is responsible for coordinating and leading development and manufacturing/packaging related project activities among all relevant parties (third party and internal) to ensure deliverables are supplied on time, within budget and according to quality standards. These activities will range from R&D through product launch support using technologies which currently do not exist in house, such as sterile / potent products, licensing of products developed for markets other than the US and joint ventures for development. This role will initiate and manage deliverables including follow-up on all activities, monitoring timelines and collaborating with involved third parties and Taro’s R&D Teams. Activities also include setting up agreements, managing financial discussions / negotiations and flagging issues for discussion / resolution. The incumbent will need to effectively apply scheduling, risk management and comprehensive quality assurance and control methodologies to the process in order to bring a drug to market in a cost-efficient way.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Initiate, coordinate and lead External Development R&D projects, including manufacturing/packaging related project activities among all relevant parties up to submission and support up to launch.
- Develop and maintain integrated timelines and ensure consistency with input from the involved third-parties and internal functional teams.
- Facilitate and ensure all appropriate documentation is approved and processed, including agreements, contracts, invoices, proposals, plans, protocols, etc.
- Manage the budget for External Development R&D projects. Ensure overall operation is within the approved budget and timeline.
- Identify project risks and potential issues as well as facilitate successful resolution.
- Ensure compliance of external vendors with Taro quality standards and with Quality department's support.
- Support with ideas for External Development R&D projects.
- Lead External Development R&D project team meetings and assist the teams in resolving issues.
- Work with the team members from all relevant departments (e.g. Chemistry, Formulation RD, ARD, Clinical and Regulatory) to ensure that the project development progresses according to plan.
- Provide updates and status reports to senior management on a regular basis; report on performance vs. plan.
- Set up appropriate checklists for PM activities.
- Set up project-specific scientific teams from within Taro's R&D group to assist with product development in different scientific areas.
- Address regulatory, compliance and quality related needs for External Development R&D projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be added based on the changing departmental needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum post graduate degree (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) in a relevant scientific stream combined with seven (7) years of professional experience within the pharmaceutical industry, specifically familiarity with R&D activities.
- Good understanding of the drug development process, pharmaceutical industry, GMP/GLP & ICH/FDA regulations and guidelines.
- Strong business acumen including experience with contracts/financial activities. MBA or economic / financial education is an asset.
- Good project management skills with ability to manage multiple complex projects and within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Strong negotiation skills combined with ability to communicate well one-on-one and in group settings.
- Proficiency with relevant computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Adobe Acrobat).
- The role requires infrequent travel – approximately 5% of time.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Senior Manager, External Development Projects in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will