Executive / senior industry position
This position is responsible for performing advanced journeyman-level calibrations, diagnostics, troubleshooting, repairs, and modifications of industrial process control instrumentation in a cGMP/cGXP environment. The role is tasked with minimizing instrumentation and equipment downtime associated with facility structures, equipment, and process control systems, while ensuring that manufacturing operations and functional support departments are enabled to successfully make, assess and release Genentech drug products 24/7.
The incumbent in this position is looked upon as a resource for instrumentation related issues.
Responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Perform calibration and repair of advanced analytical instrumentation used in biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
- Perform diagnostics, repairs, and modifications of advanced industrial process control instrumentation.
- Respond to trouble calls and provide immediate response to ensure maximum manufacturing system availability to the end-user.
- Assist with identification, purchase, and organization of spare parts.
- Interact closely with scientists, engineers, production staff, and QA staff.
Responsibilities of the Master Technician level also include the following:
- Implement corrective and preventative actions pertaining to analytical and process instrumentation issues that directly impact manufacturing systems availability.
- Provide hands-on technical support for installation, start-up, and maintenance of state-of-the-art process control systems.
- Prepare calibration procedures/job plans and associated training materials for analytical instrumentation and processes.
- Prepare and organize technical documentation and operational procedures from equipment manufacturers, equipment users, and engineering personnel.
- Assist Engineering Department during evaluation of new or modified instrumentation and process control systems.
- Inspect new instrumentation installations by contractors and affect necessary changes to comply with established departmental standards.
- Represent Facility Services Department during factory acceptance testing (FAT) of equipment to be supported, maintained, or calibrated.
- Provide technical expertise and training to in-house and contracted technical staff.
We are seeking applicants for this position with the following skills and experience. The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- Completion of an Instrumentation (2-year) curriculum at a recognized technical school, military training, or an AA/AS degree in a related science or engineering discipline is desired. Equivalent combination of technical training and relevant on-the-job experience may also be considered.
- 3+ years of experience as an instrumentation technician; 5+ years for the Master Technician level. Candidates with more extensive experience may be considered for an Instrumentation Specialist role.
- Proficiency in ISA standards and practices for instrumentation.
- Knowledge of automated control systems.
- Ability to use MS Office Suite and SAP.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documents.
- Experience with Calibration Management Systems (BMRAM preferred).
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal, presentations) combined with demonstrated organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently or on cross-functional project teams.
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page