Executive / senior industry position
Product Development - Advisory Services & Technical Consulting
Regular - Experienced Hire
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com. Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
As a technically focused Sr. Product Consultant in the Credit Assessment and Origination (CAO) Services team, you will be participating in various software implementation projects by providing assistance to our clients for the design, configuration, and implementation of our Commercial and Corporate Loan Origination software solutions. You should possess both functional and technical capabilities. In general, you will be expected to assist in performing project tasks such as:
- Conducting gap analysis and/or gathering requirements for client functionalities in the system
- Working closely with the client and internal teams to design the implementation of new functionalities
- Configuring user interfaces, business rules, financial spreading templates, rating models and workflow process-related aspects of the software utilizing Moody’s proprietary or industry standard software tools
- Assisting our Clients in the expert use of our proprietary tools
- Building or assisting our Clients to build interfaces to internal and 3rd party systems
- Providing user and technical trainings to our Clients
- Helping to install or upgrade our software
- Utilizing our tracking systems (issues, timesheet)
- Actively participating in enhancing our product suite and knowledge database (e.g. documentation review, feedback on products/project methodology, development of “how-to” entries, etc.)
- Conversing with Client IT associates and Moody’s subject matter experts to analyze and document issues and convey corresponding solutions
The ideal candidate will have a minimum Bachelor’s degree in IT and/or Finance and at least 4 - 5 years of relevant professional experience in software implementation projects (gained with banks, software firms, consulting firms or integrators). You will be asked to demonstrate:
- Basic understanding of finance instruments – bank or insurance (e.g. loan, letter of credit, FX).
- Exposure to Corporate/Commercial banking related credit risk assessment and credit underwriting experience
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts and the use of balance sheets, income statements, ratio reports, etc.
- Basic understanding of credit rating concepts
- Capability to participate in all phases of a software implementation project; Loan Origination, Loan Management solution implementation experience is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact with business experts and IT
- Ability to investigate and problem solve technical issues
- Minimum BA or BS Degree
On average, this position requires 25% - 50% travel to our clients’ sites. Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law. Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.