Executive / senior industry position
The primary role of the Sr. Project Manager is to provide technical support and project coordination for capital projects. To establish project cost estimates and schedules, design solutions for facility and equipment projects, manage projects to completion, and complete work at or under budget. In addition, the Sr. Project Manager will also provide technical support to help plants meet OEE and spoilage targets as needed.
- Create and update AutoCad drawings as needed.
- Plan, coordinate and manage capital projects from project approval to project close, with budgets from $0.5MM up to $50MM+.
- Support other Sr. Project Managers on larger Capex projects as needed.
- Provide technical advice to plants on facility project needs (may include civil, electrical, mechanical areas), problem solving, support systems (air, vacuum, …) and other engineering expertise.
- Develop detailed technical specifications for RFQ/RFP related to equipment and conveying purchases and installations
- Develop project cost estimates for capital approval request (CAR) submittal
- Manage SAP documents including drawings, purchase orders and goods receipts
- May generate AutoCAD drawings for project cost estimating and implementation
- Work with suppliers on scope, estimates, quotes, planning and execution.
- Communicate effectively with other functional areas, plant operations teams, vendors and contractors.
- Manage projects on site (in plants) that will run on a 24/7 basis and manage vendors and contractors, and work with plant teams to ensure work is done safely, on time, within budget, and meeting the project objectives.
- Ensure plants have what they need to successfully operate and meet their objectives once project is complete.
- Minimum 15-20 years’ work experience in engineering and/or high-speed manufacturing (can making/packaging) preferred
- Ability to travel 50-75% of calendar year (mostly domestic but may include some international travel)
- Excellent analytical and mechanical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong Project Management skills
Our Vision and Values The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit www.ardaghgroup.com.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago