Senior researcher / group leader
Sr Research Analyst I
IHS Markit’s Corporate Actions service is a best-in-class centralized source of validated corporate action announcements for nearly two million equities, fixed income, and structured finance securities across global markets. Markit Corporate Actions (MCA) services customers as a single source that streamlines operations for the collection, validation and dissemination of corporate actions. The Markit Corporate Actions Product Services Team has an established presence in London, New York, India, Dallas, and Singapore. This team is responsible for corporate actions validation research, customer support and new client onboarding, vendor management, quality control, and strategic support for new product initiatives.The validation team monitors domestic and international corporate actions announcements from the point of notice of inception and conducts a stringent cleansing process.The successful candidate ensures that the state of each corporate action announcement record clearly defines the terms of the corporate action in order for customers to pass notification on to their clients to conduct investment decisions and to allocate entitlements resulting from the corporate action.
Duties & Accountabilites
- Review corporate action announcements and conduct research to obtain details required to validate and complete announcements for publication of composite event records to customers
- Utilize various research sources (prospectuses, information circulars, exchange bulletins), including internet search engines and websites to successfully validate the corporate action
- Interface with Domestic and Foreign Paying/Transfer/Information Agents, Vendors, Custodians, and Banks to obtain corporate action specifics
- Review daily exception reports; research and resolve exceptions
- Interface with external customers via emails and phone calls to address their questions on data integrity, service procedure and market practices.
- Collaborate with local and global teams to improve procedures and identify and implement opportunities to realize efficiencies and improve quality for a better downstream product
- Contribute to user acceptance testing and special projects in partnership with Product Services teammates in other locations and with local technology counterparts
- Contribute to quality assurance testing and special projects in partnership with Product Services teammates in other locations and with local technology counterparts
- Understand Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and their impact on revenue and operations
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of equities and fixed income markets
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience with equities and fixed income markets
- Knowledge of corporate actions a plus
- Strong research and data mining skills required
- Knowledge of Excel and SQL preferred
- Knowledge of ISO/Swift feeds a plus
- Experience in client service or partnering with technology counterparts a big plus
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
- Location: Gurgaon - Ambience
IHS Markit. All rights reserved.