Careers that Change Lives:
This role is in Medtronic’s corporate tax department focusing on US International income tax. Medtronic has over 200 offices in countries throughout the world, and the variety of tax issues will provide this individual with significant opportunities for learning and growth.
The candidate will be part of the US International Tax team working with other tax professionals in the preparation of Medtronic’s federal income tax return, primarily relating to the US International tax aspects of the return. This position will also provide assistance with the preparation of the quarterly and year-end tax provision calculation and analysis. Other projects include assistance with US controversy matters, as well as tax planning and research.
A Day in the Life:
- Prepare and Review Forms 5471, 8858, 1118, tax return disclosures and elections related to foreign operations, and all other required international tax filings.
- Gather information and prepare calculations necessary to complete above referenced forms including Earnings and Profits calculations for foreign subsidiaries, maintaining foreign tax pools, Subpart F calculations, and the foreign tax credit calculation.
- Prepare and Review Forms 1120-F and related elections and statements.
- Prepare and Review Forms W-8. W-9 and 1042 related to FATCA and crossborder payments.
- Assist with quarterly and year-end tax provision and tax rate analysis including the review of foreign jurisdiction’s tax provision calculations.
- Research and draft responses to the information requests from the IRS and calculate proposed adjustments.
- Perform research and provide analysis for tax planning purposes as appropriate.
- Work on special tax projects, with varying levels of involvement and responsibilities.
- Assist with other federal, state, and/or local country tax projects as needed.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with Accounting / Finance Major
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of corporate income tax experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 2+ years of corporate income tax experience with a Master’s Degree
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Experience with MS Excel and Word
Nice to Have:
- Corporate International tax experience
- Good organizational skills, pay attention to detail, and complete work within established deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with SAP, Hyperion, and CorpTax
- Ability to work effectively within a matrixed organization, and establish strong relationships with other individuals and teams
- Ability and desire to drive process improvements
- Must be able to adjust to changing priorities, possess strong time-management skills, able to manage multiple projects
- Ability to grow into a leadership position
- Strong analytical skills related to tax and operating situations
Physical Job Requirements:
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.