Staff Accountant I- SALT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize Vertex Sales and Use Tax software to prepare multi-state and jurisdictional sales and use tax returns based on state/jurisdiction mandated filing frequency
- Assist in Reconciling sales and use tax data between Vertex tax system and primary SAP/ERP system. Make necessary adjustments, based on reconciliation
- Prepare sales/use tax payment requirement reports
- Create upload file for sales and tax adjustments, based on reconciliations
- Review customer and vendor invoices to verify accuracy of tax calculations
- Review exemption certificates and ask for updated exemption certificates on a periodic basis
- Assist in maintaining online, historical archive of filed Sales/Use Tax returns
- Assist in Sales/Use Tax Audit Preparation
- Assist in researching tax regulations on a state by state basis, to assist in determining taxability of inventory items available for sale. Apply this research to confirm, or change the tax classification of inventory items, within various computer systems (tax software and ERP system)
- Assist in reconciling and filing 1099 Misc and 1042-S reports, including backup withholding tax
- Assist in special accounting projects, to improve processes, or to provide information/reports
- Assist in preparing, tracking and archiving certified mail receipts, when needed
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Prior sales tax or AP experience preferred.
- Strong Accounting Knowledge
- Ability to effectively coordinate activities with other departments
- Ability to multi-task
Machine, Tools, and/or Software Skills:
PC, Microsoft Office Suite 2007, online/intranet based corporate banking/treasury management software, enterprise based ERP systems with integrated sales/use tax compliance software, and fixed asset modules, office equipment. Preferred prior experience in SAP, Vertex Sales/Use Tax Q Series and Excel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Naples