Mid-level industry position
Careers that Change Lives
Contribute to the overall Corporate Audit program by developing a working knowledge of Medtronic’s various businesses, products, and operations while utilizing field experience, business and industry knowledge, technical knowledge and interaction with others to assess the specific risks of each project from technical, financial, and operational viewpoints.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Aid in the completion of various technology, operational, and compliance audits, special projects, and activities in the Corporate Audit Group (planning, fieldwork/documentation, and presentation/reporting).
- Execute SOX testing related to IT General Controls within Medtronic’s Environment.
- Scope and plan audits and projects based on risk.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret information to assess and conclude on each assigned audit area.
- Prepare clear and concise documentation to adequately support all audit area conclusions and findings.
- Address issues timely and complete audit fieldwork effectively and efficiently to meet budget and scope requirements.
- Develop and maintain accurate, high quality data management documentation, including technical manuals, design specifications, process workflows, and user guides.
- Communicate audit results to multiple management levels (from business unit to Enterprise-level) in a clear and concise manner, including any issues and recommendations for corrective action or improvement where applicable.
- Prepare an audit report for presentation to management, including scope, approach, findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Continually build partnerships between Corporate Audit and the various functional areas and business units throughout the Company.
- Complete special projects and assignments within the department as they arise.
- Maintain technical competence in current auditing practices (Finance & Operations and IT), compliance policies, and government regulations.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- IT auditing experience within a public accounting firm or Corporate Internal Audit Department.
- Experience in risk assessment and evaluation of key enterprise-class technologies (e.g., networking, servers, databases, etc.) and/or enterprise applications (e.g., ERP systems, HRM systems, web framework technologies).
About MedtronicTogether, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future. Physical Job Requirements The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
Change Begins With You
We look for bold ideas and fresh insights - that's what drives innovation. Come drive the future of healthcare with us.
The opportunity to invent. The benefit of joining a leader. The power to improve lives. You’ll find all that and more here.
Join us in our challenge to make global healthcare more affordable and accessible. Your insight and oversight will help us create solutions that change the world.
Our mission “to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life” is more than a statement. It’s a belief that our employees live every day.
Join us, and bring the power of your unique point of view to our culture of collaboration and innovation.
“The mission to improve access to healthcare globally is something we are all very proud to work hard toward achieving. Great people, fun atmosphere, big city salaries. The CEO is fantastic - he is a very clear communicator of the mission and is truly dedicating his life to achieving it.”
“Smart and committed coworkers. Mission driven. Good benefits. Good long term career opportunities. Company is large enough that you can always find interesting projects to work on.”
“Knowing that everyday your work helps to save lives makes it great place to work. Training on lean practices, quality and other. Excellent peers.”
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here.
Mid-level industry position