Researcher / analyst
Agroscope Job Vacancy:
Staff Research Scientist in Agricultural Economics in the 'Farm Management' Research Group
The 'Farm Management' Research Group is responsible for monitoring the income of the Swiss agricultural sector on behalf of the Swiss Confederation. In addition to the annual publication of income indicators, the individual-farm accounting data are evaluated by means of a broad quantitative method portfolio, and the results are published in scientific publications and reports, as well as at conferences.
We are looking for a collaborator who will analyse the collected data and derive recommendations from the results for the attention of practitioners, advisors and policy-makers. With your scientifically sound analyses and interest in application-oriented research, you will provide the basis for decision support for the Swiss agricultural sector and agricultural policy.
- Designing, planning, heading and implementing agricultural economics research projects, primarily on the basis of individual-farm data
- Implementation and further development of indicator sets for agricultural monitoring in Switzerland
- Profitability analyses at farm, farm-branch and production-process level
- Development and analysis of economic and environmental performance indicators
- Publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Writing and presenting papers for non-scientific stakeholders
- Acquisition of third-party-funded projects
- Doctorate (completed or close to completion) in agricultural economics, economics or business economics with a focus on statistical methods / applications, preferably in the environmental field
- Sound econometric and statistical knowledge
- Scientific track record in relevant peer-reviewed journals
- Team player with a precise and independent approach to work
- Very good knowledge of a programming language, knowledge of the R Statistical Software is an advantage
- Good knowledge of two official Swiss languages and English (workplace language is German)
Information on the Employer
Agroscope is an innovative research institute for agricultural and nutritional sciences run according to the principles of New Public Management. Part of the Swiss Federal Administration, Agroscope reports to the Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research EAER. Agroscope is headquartered in Bern-Liebefeld and carries out its activities at a number of sites in Switzerland.
Operating at the Tänikon site (village of Ettenhausen, canton of Thurgau), the 'Farm Management' Research Group is responsible for monitoring the annual income of the Swiss agricultural sector. Further analyses based on the collected farm accountancy data as well as on additional datasets aim to improve the competitiveness of Swiss agriculture.
We offer a varied job in an interesting work environment, as well as thorough training. You will enjoy flexible working hours and good social benefits. The position is permanent.
Start date: Immediately, or as agreed.
If you are interested in this challenge and meet the requirements profile, we look forward to receiving your online application (www.stelle.admin.ch, Ref. No.39089). Submission deadline: August 11, 2019 (Please note that we cannot consider applications from recruitment agencies).
Have we piqued your interest? Would you like to learn more about this job? PD Dr. Christian Müller, Head of the 'Farm Management' Research Group, +41 (0)58 481 55 35 would be pleased to answer any questions you may have.
Place of Work: 8356 Ettenhausen (TG)
Salary Category: 24
Employment level: 80-100%
Researcher / analyst
8356 Ettenhausen (TG)