Mid-level industry position
Roche Sequencing & Life Science is one of the world's leading producers of reagents and systems for life science research. Our portfolio provides solutions that enable life science researchers to achieve breakthroughs in molecular biology by providing efficient and innovative technologies they can trust. Roche Sequencing & Life Science offers complete workflows covering all working steps – from sample preparation to analysis – in a specific field of research. Research areas include: Disease Research, DNA Sequencing, Genotyping, Gene Expression and Gene Detection.
At Roche Diagnostics, our focus is on improving the lives of patients. From research to lab tests to personalized healthcare, we touch the entire spectrum of diagnostic users. Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
This is a field-based position covering the entire United States, with high focus on east coast and west coast. Prefer that the candidate would live in Boston or San Francisco.
As a Strategic Account Manager, you will be responsible for driving sales through OEM partnerships for Roche Sequencing & Life Science, which includes managing; internal processes and relationships and external C-level relationships. You will have total ownership of managing relationships with external partners and will drive business results by promoting the Roche Sequencing & Life Science portfolio. To be successful in this role, you will:
- Build strong, high level relationships/ C- Suite relationships with high value national customers to ensure the efficient execution of business plans and profit objects. Identifies and manages prospective new business opportunities.
- OEM liaison and management to ensure up to date information and transparent communication
- Work with others functions internally, as needed or required, to prepare proposals for assigned accounts. Presents all contract proposals to customers to maximize overall business and profitability, which may require some negotiation.
- Drive market intelligence initiative for your territory and communicate competitive market information internally.
- Create and promote a collaborative internal environment.
- Prospect, source and identify new partners for our products
- Negotiate, define and design new Supplier Agreement, Quality Agreements and Contracts
- Collaborate with production, manufacturing and Global BA on new products designs, packs and material numbers as required by customers.
- Function as the internal liaison with the BA to co-ordinate evaluations, testing and validation of new products designs and packs for OEM customers.
- Function as the key person with the local and Global Legal teams to define and execute contracts terms for customers abiding by the internal requirements, regulations and policy.
- Support the local SEQ sales team in execution and training for all Supplier Agreements, Quality Agreements and contract for routine Custom needs of customers.
Who you are:
- 7+ years relevant sales or equivalent experience with demonstrated success
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations and the ability to deliver C-level meetings
- Negotiation, contracting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a regulated environment
- Strategic planning and organizational skills
- High levels of sales proficiency and industry specific experience
- Experience in OEM business and customers would be advantageous
- Experience in high level C-Suite negotiations and product design projects will be an advantage.
- Strong success track record in Sales and Exceptional customer service delivery
- Experience managing strategic and tactical relationships with global functions
- Proven track record collaborating across functions and business areas
- Ability to travel >50% of the time
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
- San Francisco