The student will be responsible for a range of duties depending on the role, which may include:
- Leading campus tours
- Greeting students in a friendly manner at the entrance to Dalton or in the reception area on the fourth floor, answering inquiries, and directing students to the appropriate staff
- Answering phones and responding to correspondence in a professional manner
- Assisting with co-ordination of small meetings, and events
- Supporting the admissions team using specialized databases
- Monitoring and responding to a role-based Gmail account
- Sending information packages and admission letters by courier
- Performing other duties as required
- A proven track record for punctuality and reliability
- Strong computer, organizational, and administrative skills are required with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal abilities are required
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently and willing to work occasional evenings and/or weekends
- The successful candidate must be friendly, responsible, and able to function well under pressure in a busy, dynamic office environment which deals with a wide range of clientele
- Familiarity with UPEI’s Recruitment Office, First Year Advising Office, and International Student Office
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.