Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that’s more than some cliché people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams, and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
We’re an online bank, so we need exceptional people to keep us up and running. That’s where you come in to play. Test out the tools in your educational toolbox and learn some new skills along the way with a 10-week paid internship with us.
Your internship with Ally will move you from Educated to Experienced; connecting you with diverse teams and functions across the country. You will have the opportunity to interact with Ally's leadership and learn from their personal successes. The Ally internship program seeks to guide and mentor students with development opportunities designed to provide a bridge between the academic world and the world of business.
Areas of Opportunity
• The economics intern will work as a member of the economic team supporting Ally’s enterprise functions and business units including treasury and capital markets activities, with required research and forecasts.
• Program Start Date: May 21, 2024
• Program End Date: August 9, 2024
• In-Person Internship with flexibility
• 40 hours a week
• Market competitive compensation
The Work Itself
- Summarize economic news and information.
- Contribute to economic data release coverage.
- Conduct correlation studies of economic data.
- Participate in forecast and scenario generation.
The Skills You Bring
Majoring in Economics required.
Focus on macroeconomics and monetary policy.
Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
Experience in economic tools such as SAS, STATA or similar preferred.
A rising Junior or Senior in a full-time undergraduate program.
Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company now or in the future.
601 S. Tryon Street
NC 28202 Charlotte , United States