Junior industry position
Share this JobTalent Area: Manufacturing
Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approxmately 23,500 people and have global sales of approxmately US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
Organize and direct the Cold End department engaged in the manufacturing selecting and packing of quality glass containers within Company and customer specifications.
- Administer effective safety program.
- Train and develop employees and maintain good labor relations with the effective application of the labor contract.
- Coordinate and implement job changes with applicable departments ensuring efficient changes in terms of time and quality.
- Prepare work assignments for employees and maintain accurate record keeping.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationship within the departments with other departments the Union and with the corporation.
- Comply with Environmental and Food Safety standards as set forth in plant policies programs within Department responsibilities.
- Will consider a combination of education and/or equivalent relevant experience in production manufacturing and supervision.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a team-based environment. Must have excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills with good team dynamics and possess strong planning and organizational skills.
- Must have basic computer skills and have knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Applications.