Mid-level industry position
Tasks and responsibilities
The FAO Office of Evaluation (OED) will guide this evaluation. The evaluation team is responsible for:
- Work in close collaboration with the OED Evaluation manager responsible for this evaluation.
- Conduct the evaluation and apply the methodology elaborated in the evaluation Terms of Reference together with the project team and GEF liaison officers
- Participate in briefing and debriefing meetings, discussions, field visits with the evaluation team and contributing to the evaluation with written inputs
- Work from home and travel to project country and sites as part of this assignment
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in conservation; costal marine areas, mangrove, fisheries, economics, policy analysis, development studies, or another related field
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in evaluation, preferably of fisheries or marine project and/or programs
- Working knowledge of Spanish (C-level). At least limited knowledge of English (level B) for COF.REG.
- For PSA.SBS a Working knowledge of Spanish might be sufficient.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- A minimum of Spanish C-level language skills required
- Extent and relevance of experience in project evaluation
- Extent and relevance of experience working with and in coastal marine areas and fisheries
- Work experience in Ecuador preferred
- Experience evaluating GEF projects a plus