Share this Job Title: Technical Support Engineer - Virtual EMEA
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Ruckus Networks’ (a Commscope company) help customers ensure their networks run at peak performance. Our goal is to provide our customers with the right blend of services, tools & technical support to enable them to deliver on their business goals.
We are looking to hire a Technical Support Engineer at Ruckus Networks’ Bulldog Customer Support team, if you need minimal supervision to perform your job and possesses strong Wifi, Linux & L2/L3 Switch networking troubleshooting knowledge and skills, we are looking forward to meeting you, as the position can be based in more than one country within the EMEA region. (Location preferences to be discussed at interview stage)
You have the opportunity to support our top tier/service provider accounts globally, so it is essential that you can demonstrate superior customer engagement skills with an excellent command of both written and spoken English with German, French or Dutch as a second language.
- Primary technical support point of contact for Ruckus’ top tier customers and partners in the EMEA region and for all Ruckus technologies (wireless, wired and cloud)
- Responsible for resolving all technical support cases raised by global major customers and partners during EMEA working day
- Strict adherence to Service Level Agreement KPIs
- Regular customer and partner technical support meetings
- Root Cause Analysis delivery following case resolution
- Training/Transfer of Information to the wider TAC team, customers, partners
- Deep collaboration with multiple internal teams (Sales, Systems Engineering, Sustaining Engineering, QA, PLM, Labs, Professional Services)
- Knowledgebase articles authorship and review
- Ruckus public technical forum participation
- Live/Standby Migration/Upgrade support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant technical field or 7 + years' relevant work experience in the networking field
- Excellent written and oral communication ability, including formal presentation skills to customers, partners and Ruckus account and executive teams
- Fluent in written and spoken English plus either French, German or Dutch languages
- Familiarity with wireless 802.11 protocols, WLAN security, WLAN troubleshooting
- Layer 2/Layer 3 switch troubleshooting experience
- Linux operating system troubleshooting experience
- System experience in Windows & Linux server platform, Virtual platform (VM, KVM), Azure, AWS & GCE Cloud platform
- On site attendance to resolve a customer issue is sometimes required