Navigation Job ID: 21146
Innovate Calgary is the technology transfer office and business incubator for the University of Calgary. As part of the Office of the Vice-President (Research) portfolio, we work with UCalgary researchers, students, and other members, to help bridge the gap between discovery and innovation. We provide a unique environment for employees by combining a flexible work environment with great exposure to the University of Calgary’s growing innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem.
We are currently accepting applications for the following position:
Technology Commercialization Intern:
The Government of Canada funded this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Reporting to the life sciences Innovation Managers, Innovate Calgary is searching for a motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a busy office atmosphere. As a Technology Commercialization Intern, you will serve as an essential support resource for the life sciences team and provide support to the other business units.
- Support business development and marketing of a portfolio of technologies in the medical and life science field;
- Conduct customer discovery to understand customer needs, perform industry landscape and competitor analysis to understand the competitive advantage of the technology, contribute to the business plan and market strategy;
- Perform market analysis to identify potential licensees, prepare marketing materials to highlight technology features and applications, develop a marketing plan tailored for each technology, establish contacts with potential licensees, and communicate technology features and advantages to interested parties; and
- Responsible for engaging with internal and external partners, setting project priorities and execution plans, performing assigned tasks, and reporting activities and outcomes.
- The ability to work with, prioritize and organize numerous tasks including simultaneous work on multiple assignments or projects;
- The strength of personality to seek direction or priority update on projects to ensure that most time-sensitive projects are completed first;
- Business relationship management skills with a commitment to the completion of projects within a team environment;
- Willingness to take on different levels of responsibility and independently carry projects through to completion;
- Ability to maintain company and employee confidentiality at all times.
- Must be aged between 15 and 30 and legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible. Learn more.
- Degree from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a business office environment with a broad understanding of the terminology, timelines and processes related to the functioning of a business office;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook);
- Very strong organization and exceptional collaboration skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong written communication skills;
- Ability to quickly align with shifting priorities, work assignments, and timelines;
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and have a proven record of working within a busy office environment.
Interested applicants are asked to forward their resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Application deadline: End of the business day, August 26, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those persons for whom we need further information, or who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.