Executive / senior industry position
Job DescriptionWhen you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.The Program Manager is part of the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) which is one of six groups within Thermo Fisher Scientific and is an important part of the company’s total value proposition. With an innovative and broad life sciences portfolio, a strong presence at bench, best-in-class web and e-commerce channels, industry-leading on-site supply center coverage and one of the most technically experienced sales and support teams, LSG brings incredible core strength to the broader company. This role will reside in Asheville, NC. How will you make an impact?If bringing new products to life excites you, then read on to learn more about the Program Manager role in our Controlled Temperature Technology group. The position of Program Manager provides an exciting opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated individual. The role is accountable for delivering to the budget, scope, timeline and quality commitments established for development of cold storage and temperature control products. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate exceptional facilitation, organizational, communication, and influencing skills. They must also have a proven track record in managing a range of complex, high-impact projects simultaneously. What will you do?
- Leads project core teams.
- Collaborates with team members to develop detailed project plans (scope, milestones, roles & responsibilities, timing, budget, communication and interface with any external alliance or collaborator partner organizations, etc.)
- Oversees and prepares project team budget including resources and costs, collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional departments.
- Communicates, documents and archives project team activities and decisions.
- Acts as primary contact for project team related information.
- Facilitates project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages projects within established scope, schedule, resources and budget.
- Identifies program-related issues, concerns or challenges proactively.
- Facilitates tradeoff decisions and removes obstacles.
- Conducts proactive risk management: communication of needs, mitigation plans, and requirements relevant to internal/external stakeholders.
- Reviews project team progress regularly and uses processes, tools and other related resources to ensure effective team dynamics and decision-making, as well as effective interactions with all internal and external collaborators.
- Builds high morale and team commitments to goals and objectives by creating a compelling sense of common purpose and direction.
- Acts with a sense of urgency.
How will you get here? Education Experience
- Greater than 5 years multi-disciplinary knowledge of the life sciences or biomedical industry, with at least 3 years direct project management.
- Proficient with project management principles (e.g., resource allocation, cost estimation, risks analysis).
- Proficient with project management tools and applications software to manage complex project timelines and resources.
- Professional Project Management (e.g. certified by PMI®, Program Management Institute) preferred
- Persistence to overcome project obstacles and drive work to completion.
- Courage to make issues transparent to all levels of leadership, drive consensus and forge solutions.
- Management of concerns and conflicts productively and effectively within core and extended teams.
- Comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Interpersonal savvy that enables the formation of strong and trusting relationships with customers and key stakeholders.
- Business acumen to translate strategy into action.
- Results and detail-oriented; self-motivated.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Financial acumen; capable of planning and oversight of project budgets and product valuations; understanding of portfolio management concepts.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively articulate complex concepts and ideas to broad audiences.
- Strong presentation skills; highly effective at summarizing and presenting decision points and key considerations.
- Strong influencing skills; proven ability to get things done without formal authority.
- Strong negotiation skills; can effectively drive discussions and decisions toward desired results.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project).
- Ability to travel 10-20% (majority of which would be within the United States)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).