The University of Innsbruck is hiring two postdoctoral researchers in Applied Microeconomics.
The Department of Public Finance at the University of Innsbruck is seeking to fill two positions as a
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (6 years)
in the field of Applied Microeconomics.
The appointments will be for a period of up to 6 years (full time, 40 hours/week). The successful candidates will join the Faculty of Economics and Statistics at the University of Innsbruck. For more information about the faculty please visit our website at https://www.uibk.ac.at/fakultaeten/volkswirtschaft_und_statistik/index.html.en.
The main tasks of the successful candidate are to conduct independent, fundamental research in the field of Applied Microeconomics as well as limited teaching obligations and mentoring of students. German language skills are not required.
For one of the two positions, candidates with a research focus in the fields of Public Economics and Political Economy will be given priority. For the other position, a research focus in Behavioral Economics (behavioral economic theory and/or experimental economics) is desired.
- A vibrant and dynamic research environment with a strong research focus on the areas of Applied Microeconomics, Behavioral and Experimental Economics
- A close integration into the Faculty of Economics and Statistics and the Research Platform Empirical and Experimental Economics as an international center of theory-based empirical and experimental research
- Various opportunities to interact with other researchers, participation in research seminars, international exchange, etc.
- State-of-the-art research facilities for experimental research at Innsbruck EconLab
Your qualifications include:
- A Ph.D. in Economics or a related field
- Scientific achievements and research focus in the field of Applied Microeconomics
- Sound knowledge in microeconomics and empirical/experimental research methods
- Social skills, teamwork abilities, communication skills
The starting salary before taxes for this position amounts to € 3.890 per month (paid 14 times per year). Furthermore, the University of Innsbruck offers numerous employee benefits (https://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/).
We are looking forward to receiving your online application by April 24, 2020.
Please apply using the following links:
- For the position with a research focus on Public Economics / Political Economy: https://lfuonline.uibk.ac.at/public/karriereportal.details?asg_id_in=11170
- For the position with a research focus on Behavioral Economics: https://lfuonline.uibk.ac.at/public/karriereportal.details?asg_id_in=11171
You are explicitly invited to apply for both positions in order to ensure highest consideration. (In this case please simply upload your application package twice using both links above.)
Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- Your curriculum vitae
- A research agenda for the next few years (max. two pages)
- Your most important publication or working paper (as PDF)
- Contact information of two persons who might be contacted for references
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) can be found here:
6020 Innsbruck , Austria