Research assistant / technician
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Validation Technician assists in the processing of Customer products, and coordinates production scheduling, validations and qualifications.
- Contributes to the accurate and safe processing capability of the company by coordinating and scheduling all Customer validations and dose mappings; calibrates and maintains proper function of data collection devices used in validations and qualifications; investigates analyzing and reporting procedures and provides solutions to process deviations and Customer complaints.
- Optimizes processing by coordinating scheduling of Customer product; assists plant management in training operations employees in performing process procedures; assists operations as required to ensure the timely movement of product.
- Provides Customer service by assisting in the performance and adherence to ISO 11135 and ISO 11137 requirements.
- Strives for continuous improvement by analyzing new or alternative ways to improve operations; incorporates staff recommendations into analysis; responds to audit activities in a constructive manner and uses findings to improve operations where possible.
- Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, and other directives.
- Supports the STERIS AST business imperatives of Growth, Operational Excellence, Leadership Excellence and Customer Focus.
- Exhibits a commitment to the STERIS AST shared values of Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement.
Duties - cont'd
- Ability to effectively write and verbally communicate in English.
- Effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
- Ability to navigate through defined computer screens.
- Prior experience organizing and analyzing, and utilizing Level 2 math skills (four basic arithmetic functions in all units of measurement, decimals ratios, rates, percentages) to determine organizational, Customer and regulatory problems and formulate corrective action plans
- Prior experience working in a detailed environment
- Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc
- Ability to occassionally work outside of normal business hours and at various locations
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.