Mid-level industry position
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
GSAM is seeking to add a highly motivated professional to its Centralized RFP team. This team is primarily focused on the coordination and completion of Request for Proposals (“RFPs”) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (“DDQs”) from prospective as well as existing clients. The Centralized RFP team will work closely with professionals across GSAM’s Client Portfolio Management teams (Fixed Income, Quantitative Investment Strategies and Fundamental Equity) and various sales channels to communicate information regarding the firm, product offerings, investment philosophy, and product-specific information to the client via RFPs and DDQs. The RFP Specialists team is responsible for communicating the investment team’s investment philosophy, process, product positioning and current market trends to clients and each of IMD’s key distribution channels globally.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi- product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and complete high quality RFPs and DDQs from prospective clients, consultants, and existing clients in a timely and accurate manner
- Develop knowledge of industry trends, competitive landscape and investment team’s capabilities to facilitate improved client experience
- Develop strong working relationships with client portfolio management teams, sales professionals, client relationship managers, compliance and other groups
- Learn and communicate the investment team’s investment philosophy, process, product positioning and current market trends to internal and external clients.
- Assist in developing metrics to track key sales figures including RFP flows, hit rates, etc
- Assist with ad hoc projects including technology initiatives to automate reports and other materials.
- Assist with performing second level checks for RFP’s, DDQ’s and 15C’s prepared by the Analysts on the team.
- Oversee BAU and identify process enhancement opportunities.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be motivated and hard working
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple projects, deadlines, personalities, and broad based coverage
- Knowledge and understanding of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and adaptability to other software products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Need strong People Management & Stakeholder Management
- Prior content writing experience is preferable
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.