Researcher / analyst
The Bank of Lithuania (BoL) invites applications for positions in its Visiting Researcher Program for the year 2021/22. This particular call is administered by Center for Excellence in Finance and Economic Research (CEFER). The CEFER team avidly seeks to publish scientific research papers in major internationally-acclaimed peer-reviewed journals and present their research results to the academia. To this end, CEFER researchers attend various international events, hosting renowned researchers specialising in relevant fields of economics and finance. CEFER organises international conferences on economic issues, bringing together highly-experienced economists from Europe, North America and Asia.
Structural unit: Center for Excellence in Finance and Economic Research (CEFER).
During their stay at the BoL, visiting researchers are expected to conduct economic research either individually or in cooperation with the BoL’s staff. The research projects will be agreed upon in advance, and their results are to be presented in BoL seminars and published as research papers in the BoL’s working paper series. Publication of the papers in refereed academic journals is strongly encouraged.
Depending on the pandemic situation, visiting researchers will be provided with office space, access to the BoL library, available data resources and computing facilities; a remote visit is also an option. They will receive compensation according to the BoL’s remuneration system. The timing and duration of the stay is flexible, determined by the amount of time needed to complete the project, but it typically ranges from 3 to 12 months.
For longer research stays there will be the opportunity to obtain a small teaching load from Vilnius University.
Research priorities of the program:
Proposals in areas of economics relevant for central banks will be considered with priority will be given to research projects on the broad areas of finance and macro-finance.
Advantages of working at the BoL:
- Obtaining experience in economic research;
- Participation in the BoL invited speaker seminars, presentations and economic conferences;
- Participate in the central bank activities and get to know the Eurosystem central bank functions and economic policy organization from the inside;
- Work with a team of professionals; the best specialists and experts of their fields in Lithuania, other National central banks and the European Central Bank.
Applicants should hold a Ph.D. or be Ph.D. candidates in economics, finance, data sciences, econometrics or related fields. They must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Relevant research experience;
- Academic publications;
- Teaching experience.
Applications should be submitted in English and include the following:
- Cover letter;
- Research proposal, including:
- Research topic and main research question(s);
- Short literature review;
- Brief description of research methodology (data, software, etc.) and expected results;
- Preferred starting date and duration of the research project;
- Applicant’s CV (with a list of publications and working papers);
- Two letters of recommendation (only in the case of Ph.D. candidates and new Ph.D.’s)
- Sample research paper
Applications should be submitted in English to email@example.com (preferably in PDF format) Please indicate “BoL VRP CEFER–2021” in the subject line.
Application deadline: 31st of May 2021
Further information about the program can be obtained from:
Dr. Benjamin Hemingway
Confidentiality guaranteed. We will only contact the selected candidates. Your personal data is will be processed for the recruitment purposes only.
Researcher / analyst
Gediminas av. 6
LT-01103 Vilnius , Lithuania