days alert frequency in every certain daysShare this Job
To carry out warehouse operations including materials preparation and movement. To conduct cycle counts and to maintain a high level of inventory accuracy. All operations to be carried out in compliance with cGMP and Merck standard operating procedures and policies. This is a demanding role in a busy pharmaceutical warehouse and requires a considerable degree of physical fitness.
- Carry out warehouse activities including raw material receipt, bulk tanker unloading, intermediate processing to/from production and final goods receipt from production
- Prepare product deliveries for shipment to customers
- Operate in all external warehouses and drum storage areas in accordance with cGMP and HSE site policies
- Carry out accurate cycle counts as required and investigate discrepancies
- Organise and coordinate offsite waste shipments as needed
- To coordinate the inspection, receipt, and processing of all received deliveries, including consumables, raw materials and solvents (drums and bulk tankers)
- Prepare material lots for production processing and receive returns from the production department.
- Prepare, label and inspect Finished Product shipments
- Receive and distribute non-stock items
- Complete nonconformance investigations in relation to warehouse activities
- Maintain warehouses and storage areas to the highest levels of housekeeping and safety standards,
- Maintain necessary material segregation requirements.
- Participate in any training as required
- Actively contribute to a culture of safety awareness within the department and facility
- Performs other duties as outlined by Supervisor or Manager
- Essential: Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Desirable: Third level qualification in a warehouse/logistics/supply chain role (eg APICS). Trained in the handling of Dangerous Goods (eg ADR/IATA/IMDG) and Air Shipment Security requirements.
- Previous experience working in a similar position, preferably in a pharmaceutical/bulk chemical/EPA regulated environment.
- Proficient in the use of modern ERP systems (eg SAP©) and barcode tracking systems, with proven numerical and literacy skills.
- Computer literate in modern warehouse applications and management practices (APICS, Cycle counting, Trackwise)
- Good working knowledge of Air Cargo security regulations, Dangerous Goods handling requirements and chemical safety requirements (eg CLP labeling and SDS interpretation)
- Previous certification of training and prior experience in driving forklifts (REACH and Counterbalance) would be an advantage
- Mature judgment, problem-solving and decision-making ability.
- Ability to identify, develop and deliver on process improvement opportunities (6-S green/blue belt)
- An energetic committed individual who can work in a flexible way when necessary.
Working time model: full-time
US Disclosure The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.North America Disclosure The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: Housekeeping, ERP, Pharmaceutical, SAP, Inspector, Healthcare, Technology, Science, Quality