Type of position
Job title : Macroeconomic modeler
Location : STATEC 13 rue Erasme L-2013 Luxembourg
STATEC (the national statistics institute of Luxembourg) has a macroeconomic modelling unit establishing short-term forecasts, long-term projections and policy analysis. Due to increased interest from policy makers and international institutions we reinforce our team, looking for applied economic modelers with broad skills.
The successful candidate is expected to improve an existing Computable General Equilibrium model (CGE) in one or several domains:
- Economy-Energy-Emissions module: develop long-term projections of energy use and emissions of greenhouse gases;
- International trade module: implement imperfect competition
- Financial module: introduce financial data and mechanisms
Depending on the research projects, the work will include preliminary econometric research, consistency and sensitivity analysis, establishment of policy scenarios, follow-up of European Commission working groups.
Required competencies and skills:
- PhD degree (or equivalent) in macroeconomics
- Skills in simulation software (GAMS and/or Matlab and/or EVIEWS)
- Experience in working and developing CGE models
- Experience covering several types of macroeconomic models (estimated, CGE, DSGE) is an asset
- Knowledge of statistical and econometric techniques
- Excellent knowledge of English or French, ability to communicate research results to both expert and wider audience
- Excellent team player; should be driven by intellectual curiosity and sound economic reasoning
- International cooperation is strongly encouraged and supported.
Junior or senior position will be attributed depending on degree and experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter to:
Mr. Ferdy Adam
Head of Unit EPR1
STATEC; 13 rue Erasme; BP304; L-2013 Luxembourg