Students in the Barcelona GSE Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets Program will obtain relevant knowledge about the central issues in Macroeconomic and Financial Economics analysis, as well as the key tools, data, models, and techniques now being used by public and private institutions.
Financial and consulting firms increasingly utilize complex economic theories. Students will not only learn how to use these modeling and statistical techniques, but will conduct an independent master's project to learn how to apply these new skills to real empirical work.
This program covers economic models such as the dynamic stochastic general equilibrium (DSGE), vector autoregression (VAR), and autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity (ARCH). Our graduates are prepared with an expert grasp of aggregate economy and financial function fundamentals, able to build macroeconomic and market forecasts - skills that consulting firms, investment banks, and government agencies are all in need of.
More skills acquired:
- Deep knowledge of the economic theory behind macroeconomic models of financial markets
- Comprehension of the dynamics affecting financial and policy-oriented decision-making
- Numerical methods and simulation techniques applied to quantitative macroeconomics, policy design, and evaluation
- Precise econometric techniques required for a state-of-the-art applied analysis
- Ability to create and deliver technical and executive reports and publicly communicate and discuss research work
Who hires Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets graduates?
- Financial Services
- Government and Authorities
- Consulting Firms
- Research and Academic Institutions
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline
- Personal data/curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Transcript of records
- Reference letters