The English-taught Master’s programme in Quantitative Economics gives students strong preparation in contemporary economic theory and econometric analysis methods enabling them to analyze and forecast economic processes. The programme has a special focus on micro- and macroeconomic theory and it gives a training in solving real life economic problems via the application of state-of-the-art economic analysis techniques. The graduates will be able to continue their education in international level economics PhD programmes or follow a career as analysts in banks, public sector organizations, consultation firms and international companies.
After completing the curriculum, the student:
- knows the main concepts in economics and has acquired the skills of making critical assessments over the applicability of these concepts;
- has acquired the ability to apply both micro- and macroeconomic models for analysing the problems which arise in economic practice;
- knows how to verbally, graphically, mathematically and empirically analyse and forecast both the behaviour of economic agents and also the impact of governmental policies;
- has gained the experience of conducting scientific research and solving real life economic related problems in practice.
The objective of the curriculum is to prepare highly qualified analysts for the government agencies, banks, international organizations and consultancy firms, filling top positions that require a detailed understanding and application of economic models and econometric methods.
The programme is delievered in cooperation with Bank of Estonia and Swedbank, the biggest bank in Estonia. These are the benefits to the student:
- high quality study programme
- lecturers from the Bank of Estonia
- internship opportunities
- job opportunities after graduation
- an award for the best thesis
Tartu , Estonia