The Master in Economic Development and Growth will provide you with the required theoretical and quantitative tools to understand the problem of economic development.
The programme offers advanced training in economics and econometrics, while it also provides a wide comparative perspective on economic development. In addition, the student can zoom in more specific problems of developing economies like poverty and inequality, the impact of globalization, agriculture and rural institutions, or financial development.
This master will prepare you for careers in international organizations, the international non-profit sector or think-tanks, public institutions and multinationals with interests in emerging and developing economies, as well as giving you the necessary preparation to start doctoral studies in the field of development or related studies.
IMPORTANT: In addition, students who have completed the required 60 ECTs can decide to spend a second year at the University of Lund (Sweden) joining our 2-year programme with the University of Groningen (the Netherlands) and the University of Lund (Sweden).
MASTER IN NUMBERS
- ☛ A maximum of 40 students per class
- ☛ More than 80% are international students
- ☛ 1/3 are NOT europeans students
- ☛ More than 150 alumni professionals and academics in the field of development and related studies
- ☛ 70% of teaching faculty obtained their PhD degrees in top US and European institutions