The MSc in Economic Policy (MEP) is an advanced graduate program offered by the Faculty of Economics at the Università della Svizzera italiana.
The purpose of this Master is to teach students how to analyze economic problems at the national as well as international level and how to identify the most appropriate policy instruments. In a cordial environment and in close interaction with Faculty, the students will be equipped with the quantitative methods and the analytical tools necessary for a successful career as professional economist with a strong policy orientation. The Master will also drive interested students into a PhD programme.
The standard duration of the Master in Economic Policy is 3 semesters (leading to 90 credits). However, students who wish to amplify their training, have the option of earning additional 30 credits in the form of electives (leading to a master degree with 120 credits).
- Program entirely taught in English, with a strong international orientation
- International Faculty from USI and abroad
- Guest lectures from leading practicioners
- Opportunities for short-term research assistant positions for selected students
- Excellent professor-to-student ratio