Master in Economics and Finance
CEMFI offers scholarships and/or tuition waivers on an academic merit basis to students of all nationalities
Casado del Alisal 5
Taught by internationally-recognized scholars, CEMFI’s Master in Economics and Finance equips students with a solid foundation in Economics and Finance, state of the art quantitative tools, and frontier knowledge in the chosen fields of specialization. Students enjoy an active, cohesive and stimulating academic environment in which to lay the foundations for a productive career. A long trajectory of successful placements endorses the quality of our program. Our graduates are pursuing careers in financial institutions, consulting companies, international organizations, and governmental agencies, as well as in top doctoral programs.
Recent professional placements include AFI, Accenture, American Chamber of Commerce in Beijing, Asian Development Bank, Banc Sabadell, Bank of England, BBVA, Citigroup, Compass Lexecon, CRA International, Oliver Wyman, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Repsol YPF, Santander, The Brattle Group, TransMarket Group, and the World Bank
Recent academic placements include the PhD programs of CEMFI, Stanford University, University of Chicago, and the Wharton School
The Master in Economics and Finance is an official two-year degree, with 120 ECTS (complying with the European directives for higher education). The program is divided into coursework, participation in workshops, and the writing of a Master thesis. The Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo awards the official degrees of the CEMFI Graduate Program.
- Official Degree: Master in Economics and Finance, official degree (120 ECTS), Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo
- Length of Studies: 20 months
- Dedication: Full-time
- Language: English
- Approximate Class Size: 25-30 students
- Funding: Academic-merit based scholarships and tuition waivers
- Internships: Available during the summer of the first year
- Application Deadline: 15 November 2017 – 12 April 2018 (or when the program reaches capacity, whichever occurs first)
- Funding Application Deadline: 15 February 2018
For detailed information about CEMFI's Master Program, as well as specific information about the application process, please visit our website.