The University of Valencia is the outcome of more than five centuries of history that have led to the accumulation of knowledge and unique documentary treasures, making it one of the top Spanish universities.
It has become one to the top five scientific centres in Spain thanks to the wide range of teaching and research activities offered in all areas of knowledge (basic sciences and engineering, health sciences, educational sciences, humanities and social sciences, economics and law) and its commitment to excellence.
The Master in Economics of the University of Valencia (Faculty of Economics) offers high quality training, combining advanced academic-oriented economics teaching with a focus on knowledge about market organization and international trade. The Master aims to provide students both with a broad and rigorous view of the discipline, and the analytical tools needed to carry out sound economic analysis. Successful course completion ensures students the endowment of the analytical and technical skills required for highly demanding jobs in international organizations (OECD, IMF, ILO, etc.), political institutions (Ministries, Central Banks, European Commission, etc.), financial institutions, large firms and research departments, consulting firms, and universities. This Master is also highly recommended for candidates pursuing postgraduate education in our Ph.D. Programme or other prestigious doctoral programs in Spain and abroad.
The professors from the University of Valencia teaching in the Master in Economics hold Master and Ph.D. (Doctoral) degrees in Economics from the following prestigious universities: London School of Economics (UK); University of Warwick (UK); University College London (UK); Queen Mary and Westfield College (UK); University of Illinois (US); College of Europe (Belgium); Université Catholique de Louvain (Belgium); University of Dijon (France); and University of Valencia (Spain). The professors from other universities teaching in the Master in Economics hold Master and Ph.D. (Doctoral) degrees in Economics from the following prestigious universities: Harvard University (US); Boston College (US); European University Institute (Italy); University College London (UK); University of Copenhagen (Denmark); College of Europe (Belgium); CEMFI (Bank of Spain); and Rovira i Virgili University (Spain).
In addition to enjoying an excellent academic atmosphere, Valencia offers the thrills of a big city, entertainment, the goodness of Mediterranean cuisine, and nice sandy beaches, as well as its attractive history and cultural richness.
The Master in Economics of the University of Valencia has been recognised by the Spanish Ministry of Education within the framework of the Bologna process.
The Master is a full-time one-year program entirely taught in English by top researchers and organised in three terms.
- First term compulsory subjects (20 ECTS):
- Quantitative Methods (Mathematics and Statistics)
- In the Second term, students have to choose 5 subjects (25 ECTS) among the following ones:
- International Trade
- Monetary and Financial Integration
- International Macroeconomics
- Industrial Economics
- Applied Industrial Economics
- Game Theory and Economics of Information
- Transport Economics
- Third term (15 ECTS):
- Tutored Master Dissertation
- Graduates in Economics, Business Administration, International Business or similar degrees.
- Graduates in other degrees who have completed relevant studies related to the field of Economics and Business, preferably with an international profile.
- Graduates in other degrees who have a significant professional experience in the field of Economics and Business, preferably with an international profile.
- Graduates in other technical or quantitative degrees such as Engineering, Mathematical Sciences, Physics, ...
GENERAL PRE-ENROLMENT PERIODS 2017-2018:
Phase I: From 16 January to 15 June 2017 (14:00)
Phase II: From 16 June to 1 September 2017 (23:59)
FUNDING OPTIONS AVAILABLE:
Luisa Cardona Scholarships: Fee exemption scholarships for college academic official Masters of Valencia University for students from developing countries:
Other scholarships and financial support: Ministry of Education, Valencian Government, other.
Twitter account: @masterecouv
Valencia , Spain