Professors of Economics/Econometrics (two positions)
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Supportive and progressive research environment
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight research-intensive universities and ranked consistently among the top 1 percent of universities in the world. The University was established in 1874 and is Australia's third oldest. It has a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national, and global wellbeing.
The Faculty of the Professions is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is comprised of the Adelaide Law School, the School of Architecture and Built Environment, the Adelaide Business School, the School of Economics, the Entrepreneurship, Commercialisation and Innovation Centre, the Institute for International Trade, and the Centre for Global Food and Resources. The faculty offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and has strong connections with business and the public sector. It offers a contemporary, intellectually stimulating, and rewarding working environment.
The School of Economics is one of the oldest in Australia. The first course in economics at Adelaide was taught in 1901 and the department was established in 1904. Current research at the School covers a wide range of areas including international trade and policy, macroeconomics of business cycles, game theory, public economics, economic history, and econometrics. The School maintains an experimental laboratory for use in research and teaching.
The two professorial positions will strengthen the research position of the School. Applications are invited from candidates in all areas of economics and econometrics. The School has a preference for one of the appointments to be in econometrics (applied or theoretical) but this will not constrain selection. The most important factor is for an applicant to have an outstanding and internationally recognised record of research. It is expected that the new professors will take leadership roles in grant applications and the building of research teams.
Salary: (Level E) $178,851 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: These continuing positions are available from 1 January 2018.
To be successful you should have:
- An outstanding research record in one or more areas of economics or econometrics with appropriate international recognition.
- A record of successful grant applications especially grants involving local and international collaboration.
- Ability and willingness to mentor other staff in the School and contribute to the professional development of staff.
- Experience in supervising higher degree research students in economics and the ability to attract such students.
- A record of excellence in teaching economics at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Ability to undertake a leadership role in the administration of the School and Faculty.
- Appropriate communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to promote the interests of the School and the discipline of economics in the wider University community, and the professional community, both nationally and internationally.
For further information and to apply, please visit http://www.adelaide.edu.au/jobs/
If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Professor Gareth Myles, Head of School, Economics, on Tel: +61 (08) 8313 4768 or by email: Gareth.Myles@adelaide.edu.au
Closing date: 5:00pm, 28 May 2017 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)