- There is an increasing demand for economists with background in mathematics, statistics and data science. The graduates in economics are much sought across diverse roles comprising researchers, consultants, strategists and analysts.
- Economics is known as the queen of social sciences. Its importance stems from the fact that most of the social phenomena relating either to consumers and businesses, or to the government, deal with the scarcity of resources and multiplicity of wants. The discipline, as taught in most institutions, has been undergoing major changes in keeping with the demands of changing times. With globalization the relevance of the discipline has increased manifold.
- Well-trained economists with a firm grip and a clear understanding of changing economic trends attract respectable jobs with handsome salaries from reputed employers including banks, financial institutions, MNCs, research firms to name a few.
- The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE) has launched a BA (Economics) Program geared to meeting the aspirations of undergraduate students. The program helps students to learn the basics of discipline in a conducive academic environment.
- The Program, spread over three academic years (six semesters) and thirty six courses, including the Thesis, spans across the width of knowledge relevant to a bachelors’ degree.
- The courses in Economics include not only micro and macroeconomic theory but also applications such as public finance, trade, financial economics, environmental studies, etc.
- The foundation courses consisting of mathematics, statistics, econometrics, computer programming, and database provide better understanding of business and economic analysis, forecasting, and policy. It also covers closely related social science subjects such as political science, psychology, philosophy, logic, ethics, law and management.
- The students can specialize in econometrics or data science or entrepreneurship or financial economics. The students will gain hands on experience through an internship program. The course concludes with a thesis which enables students to articulate and analyze a problem.
- The BA (Economics) graduates will have an excellent chance of getting admission into reputed Institutions in India and abroad for higher studies. They will also have good employment opportunities. There is ample scope for developing scholastic skills & personality traits.
Eligibility: Pass in Class XII or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 50% and above marks (any discipline) with English as medium of instruction.Career Path and Job Opportunities