1. Integrating economics with mathematics and statistics and computer science which is the modern
trend in economics.
2. Exposure to various branches in economics such as Public Finance, International Trade and Finance,
Indian economy, Environmental Studies, economics of regulation, financial economics which will
give a holistic view of the economy.
3. Covers closely related social science subjects such as political science, psychology, philosophy,
logic, ethics, law and management etc. which is important for a better understanding of economics.
4. Two summer internships of working with banks, financial institutions, business enterprises which
give hands-on experience and understanding of the real world by integrating theory with practice.
5. BA thesis: This is an opportunity to go in-depth into an area of the elective and write an essay by
identifying a topic of her/his choice. The student develops the power of articulation and writing skills
under the guidance of a faculty member.
6. Exposure to oral and written soft skills through a professional communication course.
7. Courses are taught by faculty members having Ph.D. degrees and substantial number of publications
in reputed journals. (Faculty profile- See Website)
8. Courses like econometrics, statistics, computer applications, mathematics and data science will
immensely help in employment opportunities in sectors such as banking, financial services,
insurance, analytics, consulting and microfinance. Placement assistance will be provided for those
who opt for employment.
9. Excellent and dedicated corporate relations department, which employs 15 full time placement
managers working throughout the year. The university places annually more than 95 percent of the
students who opt for placements.
Different from other universities:
In this university the program integrates mathematics, statistics and economics.
1. Unique Summer Internship Program: Students undergo unique Summer Internship Program SIP I :
4 Weeks duration conducted in Summer after first year.
SIP II : 4 Weeks duration conducted in Summer after second year.
2. Soft Skills: Exposure to oral and written soft skills through a professional communication course.
3. Mentoring System: Faculty mentoring system for academic and personality improvement for
4. Merit Scholarships: Two types of Scholarships are offered to meritorious students based on past
performance and scholarships based on semester wise performance, in addition to scholarships
based on past academic record.
5. Flexibility to choose electives: Students have Flexibility to choose electives from the following
specializations. (Data science, topics in Econometrics, Financial Economics, Entrepreneurship,
Mathematical Economics, Law and Economics, Regional Economics)
6. Thesis writing: This program gives an opportunity to go in-depth into an area of the elective and
write an essay by identifying a topic of his / her choice. The student develops the power of
articulation and writing skills under the guidance of a faculty member.