Economics focuses on the environment in which individuals, companies and countries relate to each other. You will focus on the big picture and how different forces are at work in a global economy. Business related courses only play a small role in the program in order to allow for a specialized focus on economics.
- The first year will give you a solid foundation in the core micro- and macroeconomics topics. Mathematics and Statistics will serve as tools: they are a language used to understand economic models.
- The second year will build on the knowledge you have gained in the first year. You will delve into microeconomics and macroeconomics more in-depth, gaining specialized knowledge in a range of courses such as Development Economics or International Trade.
- In the third year you can study abroad for one semester at one of our many partner universities around the world, or you can stay in Tilburg and take elective courses. Your thesis is the crowning achievement of all your hard work.
Study Economics in Tilburg
- Follow a unique program in the Netherlands with a specialized focus on economics.
- Economics in Tilburg is a high-quality program: Tilburg holds excellent international rankings in the fields of economics and business.
- Follow in the footsteps of our graduates and receive the solid analytical foundation you need to be fully prepared for a Master’s program at a top university in the Netherlands or abroad.
- A small scale program with interactive teaching methods, and therefore you are in close contact with your international lecturers and fellow students.
Our students about their program in Economics (video - 2:56 min)