The executive of tomorrow knows that effective leadership requires keen judgment as well as the ability to inspire. With an emphasis on leadership and strategy, Drucker’s highly flexible Executive MBA (EMBA) program is an ideal learning environment for working professionals wishing to broaden their career options and learn to “see the future as it happens.” We aspire to create change agents and visionary leaders ready to lead their organizations to the future.
The EMBA program targets mid- to senior-level managers and entrepreneurs looking to hone their leadership skills and sound strategic decision making. Drawing upon the seminal works and ideas of Peter F. Drucker, you will undertake rigorous exploration of leadership and management fundamentals and apply what you learn in a variety of business contexts. The Drucker School setting allows you to do this in an environment that features flexible scheduling geared toward working professionals, innovative curriculum, award-winning faculty, and intimate class sizes. And, in contrast to other EMBA programs, you can enroll at any time and complete at your pace, as it is not cohort-based. The Drucker School is Southern California’s only customizable executive management program that prepares tomorrow’s leaders today to make a global difference.
- The Drucker Executive Platform brings the core principles of Peter F. Drucker into dialogue with innovative ideas on the practice of leadership, mindfulness, and career revitalization.
- Flexible course scheduling allows you to choose courses offered in different formats, including hybrid, weekend intensive, and weeknight courses. You also have access to most MBA-level courses as well, expanding your elective options.
- You may start your coursework at any of six times throughout the year and tailor it to your personal and professional life, completing the program in as few as 21 months or over several years.
- With a dynamic, experiential curriculum, you’ll receive valuable executive coaching from faculty experts and draw on real-life case studies to improve your strategic decision making, allowing you to immediately apply the ideas you learn in class to your work.
- Earn executive certificates in general management, leadership, and strategy at no extra cost as part of your degree
- National and international short-term residential courses let you visit markets and get firsthand knowledge of business practices in such places as Silicon Valley, Japan, and New Zealand.
- Tuition includes executive coaching, meals, books, and class materials.
- Our program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the top management education association in the United States.
Program At a Glance
Business Analytics (4 units)
Drucker Executive Platform (8 units) Drucker Philosophy (2 units) Finding Clarity (2 units)
Elective Courses (24 units)
Drucker Executive Platform
The Drucker Executive Platform (DXP) provides you with the vital knowledge and practice you need to become a change agent and visionary leader in your organization. This set of courses prepares you to:
- identify and manage the execution of new opportunities
- inspire and engage stakeholders
The Executive Mind I: The Power of Attention
Offers a systematic approach to the challenge of managing oneself, teaching self-management methods and tools that can be applied immediately and practiced for a lifetime.
MGT 726Creating Effective Organizations
Examines how managers can create more effective organizations with a focus on organizational politics and alternative organizational structures.
Explores an emerging area of management practice: the nature and quality of the customer experience.
MGT 380Drucker Philosophy
Focuses on the key principles of Peter F. Drucker, from leading self, organizations, and businesses to the broader functioning of society itself.
MGT 410Entrepreneurial FinanceMGT 325
Learn the intellectual and emotional skills needed to be productive and happy in your career.
Executive Management Certificates
During the course of your Executive MBA degree, you may choose to earn three optional certificates that count toward your Executive MBA degree.
Certificate in Strategy
- Enables you to learn and develop strategies that you can implement in your work or organization; think and act strategically so that you can be an effective manager and leader; and implement decisions that will have a positive impact on your organization.
- The Certificate in Strategy requires eight units to complete.
Certificate in Leadership
- Equips you with the skills to be an effective leader in today’s dynamic business world.
- Gain knowledge and skills that will empower you to enact meaningful change within your organization, working one-on-one with Drucker faculty on leadership coaching and effective management techniques.
- The Certificate in Leadership requires 8 units to complete.
Certificate in General Management
- Imparts and reinforces business knowledge and skills that equip you to be a successful manager.
- Learn foundational core management areas such as quantitative methods, accounting, finance, marketing, organizational behavior, and strategy, depending on your educational needs.
- The Certificate in General Management requires 12 units to complete, which consists of core foundational courses in management and executive management.
Faculty & Research
Professor of Innovation, Entrepreneurship & MarketingResearch Interests
- Research Interests
- Research Interests
- Research Interests
Ernst & Young
Los Angeles County Fair
Request information about the Executive MBA program