Interested in doing your PhD in France?
APPLICATION ON LINE NOW OPEN (two deadlines, January 15 and May 15)
ESSEC Business School is among such scholarship centers. Our faculty is world-renowned, highly international, and deeply committed to research and to mentoring young scholars; under their guidance, you will learn how to ask insightful questions and how to design and execute studies that provide rigorous and creative answers. At the same time, our school offers full-tuition scholarships and a tax-free stipend covering living expenses so that, from day one, you can focus entirely on your research; it also offers the possibility of obtaining, at the same time as the PhD, a Doctorat ESSEC (French standard).
We are looking for bright, motivated young people from around the world, from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds, aiming to become academics at excellent universities and business schools. I invite you to undertake the PhD journey in our school.
We provide full financial support for four years, and 5th year support conditional on strong performance:
- Tuition fees waiver during all your studies
- Around € 20,000.00 per year for four years
- Possibility of an associate lecturer contract for your fifth year
- Conference budget provided your paper is accepted for presentation
- Overseas internship package
- External doctoral consortia and courses budget
- Duration of the program: 4-5 years (full-time)
- Teaching language: English
- Cohort profile: around 70 students from 23 countries
- Choose between six concentrations: Accounting & Auditing, Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing, Operations Management and Decision Sciences.
How does it work?
Year 1 & 2
- General Requirement Courses: overview of the different fields of business administration.
- Specialized Courses & Seminars in the chosen major: focus on methodological issues and advanced research tools in the specific fields. They also examine theoretical developments in each field.
End of year 2: Preliminary Examinations.
Start of year 3: Dissertation Proposal.
End of year 4: Dissertation
Apply to one of the six concentrations offered at: http://www.essec.edu/en/program/phd-en/phd-program/
- Fill in the online application form indicating university degrees and grades, including a statement of purpose
- Upload your official transcripts
- Upload certified copies of all your grades and university diplomas unless award of the degree is specified on your final official transcript
- Upload 3 letters of recommendation to be completed by faculty or research scholars (available in the Application on line procedure)
- Provide a high GMAT or GRE score (test taken within the past five years). Last year's cohort had an average GMAT of 700. The ETS code center for the ESSEC PhD Program is X 6R-91-50 (GMAT) and 0839 (GRE)
- The program being in English, applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL, for which the PhD program code is 004
"The PhD program at ESSEC gives you the complete toolkit for a successful start of your academic career: an intensive one and a half years of coursework and training, extensive support for conference participation and academic exchange, as well as guidance and mentoring in preparing the job market. You will find not only highly involved academics, but also an excellent support staff and a stimulating and multicultural community of fellow students, which make the experience fulfilling at both a professional and personal level." - Davide Romelli, Assistant professor of economics, Trinity College Dublin.
PhD in Economics
See Link Below
3 Avenue Bernard Hirsch
Cergy-Pontoise , France