Mode of Study
40 Weekdays and/or Weekends: Day-time plus Evening
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Review of applications will start before the deadline and continue until all places are filled. Early applications are therefore strongly encouraged. Programme Aims and Objectives
To deal with continuous disruption by business innovations, technological changes and China-USA trade war, corporations urgently need leaders who are able to lead business innovation and transformation. The programme aims to address these corporate needs by equipping new generation of corporate leaders with visions, insights, confidence and skills to lead business innovation, business transformation, and connection of their business to different Asian regions.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILOs)
- Analyze various mechanisms for managing business innovation and financing business innovation.
- Evaluate future developments of business innovation.
- Formulate strategic plans to lead business innovation and transformation in Asian regions.
- hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class Honours or equivalent from a recognized university;
- possess at least 10 years of professional and/or managerial experience; and
- be proficient in English
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a minimum total score of 550 (paper-based test) or 59 (revised paper-delivered test) or 79 (Internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), sum of Reading, Listening and Writing section scores; or
- a minimum IELTS score of 6.5; or
- Other equivalent qualifications
All shortlisted candidates are required to attend an interview. Applicants without the specified qualifications but who are able to present exceptionally good alternative qualifications or substantial current managerial experience may also be considered for admission.
Elective Courses (subject to EMBA Programme Director’s approval)
Participants who wish to take the following elective course(s) to replace Cornerstone course(s) requirements must seek the EMBA Programme Director’s approval in advance.
* Participants who wish to pursue CityU’s DBA programme after graduation must take FB6812, FB8001D, FB8002D and FB8004D as their elective courses. Block credit transfer of these courses (total: 12 credit units) to the DBA programme will be arranged upon successful completion of the courses, subject to the approval by EMBA & DBA Programme Directors.
^Participants need to pay extra cost of the Trip (depending on the destination) in addition to the credit unit fees required for the course(s).
- A participant must achieve a CGPA of 2.00 or above and have no more than three courses with Grade C or below, or more than two courses with Grade D or below.
- A minimum attendance requirement of 70% may be prescribed as part of the coursework assessment for courses of the EMBA programme at the discretion of individual lecturers.
- The programme considers credit transfer in accordance to Academic Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Degrees.
A course with 4 credit units will include the following learning activities:
- Pre-class online study (around 40 hours): Reading assignments, video watching assignments, video-taped lectures, quizzes, essays, and/or online tutorials.
- Intensive class meeting (around 40 hours in 5 days): Seminars, workshops, class discussions, case studies, group presentations, expert sharing, and/or company visits.
- Out-of-the-class work (around 80 hours): Group projects, group discussions, individual reports, take-home examinations, quizzes, video-taped presentations, and/or online tutorials.
A field study with 4 credit units will include the following learning activities:
- Pre-tour online study (around 40 hours): Reading assignments, video watching assignments, group discussions, quizzes, essays, and/or online tutorials
- 5-day field study (around 40 hours): Company visits and meetings with local professors, senior executives and EMBA learning partners of local universities.
- Out-of-the-field-study work (around 80 hours): Group projects, group discussions, individual reports, take-home examinations, quizzes, video-taped presentations and/or online tutorials.
† Combined mode: Local students taking programmes in combined mode can attend full-time (12-18 credit units per semester) or part-time (no more than 11 credit units per semester) study in different semesters without seeking approval from the University. For non-local students, they will be admitted to these programmes for either full-time or part-time studies. Non-local students must maintain the required credit load for their full-time or part-time studies and any changes will require approval from the University. All Rights Reserved.
Phone: +852 3442 9076
Phone: +852 3442 5588
City University of Hong Kong Tat Chee Avenue
Sunday & Public Holidays: Closed