- Duration of study:4 semesters, part-time
- Prerequisites: Admission to the Executive PhD Program requires an MBA, Master degree or equivalent, at least 10 years of relevant work experience and successfully passing the admission process
- Language: English
- Tutition fee: EUR 61,800 (VAT exempt)1st year EUR 19.800; 2nd year EUR 16.000; 3rd year EUR 13.000; 4th year EUR 13.000(Additional year: EUR 6,500)
The "Executive PhD Program in Management" jointly offered by the University of Antwerp, the Antwerp Management School and the Management Center Innsbruck is a four-year, part-time research-based program. It provides the perfect fit for senior executives who have been seeking for high-level DBA programs.
This international Executive PhD Program aims at applying state-of-the-art knowledge and relevant research skills to contemporary business problems. As a premium executive development program, designed to be academically rigorous and intellectually challenging, it closes the gap between traditional PhD and professional DBA programs.
The Executive PhD Program will be delivered at the Antwerp Management School as well as at the Management Center Innsbruck campuses.
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis. The required documents are to be submitted online.
- minimum 10 years of relevant managerial experience
- demonstration of academic and professional progression
- pre-selected field of research which should show high potential for business and management research
- two letters of recommendation (one academic and one business)
- successful completion of the intake procedure
- achieve a highly distinguished academic degree,
- combine their work experience with high-level academic research,
- learn from and collaborate with renowned universities,
- establish or strengthen links with the academic sector,
- pursue a career at the interface of academia and business,
- further develop their research skills and methods,
- broaden and deepen their intellectual capabilities.
While scientific research and traditional doctoral programs often have little practical relevance, the international "Executive PhD Programs in Management“ integrates international academic standards and economic relevance.
The four-year English-language Executive PhD Program is jointly run by the Universität Antwerpen, the Antwerp Management School and the Management Center Innsbruck takes places in Antwerp / Belgium and Innsbruck / Austria.
- based on critical literature review, contribution to management research and empirical research
- public defense of the thesis before a committee of internal and external examinersat the UAntwerp
- intense supervision process by two scholars
- PhD circles and workshops, conferences, doctoral colloquia
- integration into the research groups at the participating universities
- blended learning environment
The establishment of the program is subject to submission to and registration by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ) in accordance with § 27 para. 1 and in accordance with § 27 para. 6 HS-QSG. The registration of the program in accordance with § 27 para. 6 HS-QSG does not ascertain equivalence with Austrian study programs and similar Austrian academic degrees. Graduates awarded with an academic degree from Belgium are entitled to use it in accordance with § 88 para. 1 of the 2002 law governing universities. The academic degrees awarded by the University of Antwerp are therefore recognized foreign degrees in Austria and may be used in official documents in accordance with § 88 para. 1a of the 2002 law governing universities.
After successfully defending the doctoral dissertation (after 4 years), participants will be rewarded with the PhD degree (PhD in Management or PhD in Social Sciences, depending on the supervising faculty) conferred by the University of Antwerp.
Our graduates profit from our strong network of recognized lecturers from science, business, and society, even beyond their studies. The exchange with international students also improves their own network and creates international acceptance for the benefit of all our students.