Executive PhD Program in Management
The "Executive PhD Program in Management" jointly offered by the University of Antwerp, the Antwerp Management School and the Management Center Innsbruck is a four-year, part-time research-based program. It provides the perfect fit for senior executives who have been seeking for high-level DBA programs.
This international Executive PhD Program aims at applying state-of-the-art knowledge and relevant research skills to contemporary business problems. As a premium executive development program, designed to be academically rigorous and intellectually challenging, it closes the gap between traditional PhD and professional DBA programs.
The Executive PhD program will be delivered at the Antwerp Management School as well as at the Management Center Innsbruck campuses.
- Time model: 4 years, part-time | English
- Prerequisites: Admission to the Executive PhD program requires an MBA, Master degree or equivalent, at least 10 years of relevant work experience and successfully passing the admission process.
- Tutition fee: 1st year EUR 18.000; 2nd year EUR 18.000; 3rd year EUR 12.000; 4th year EUR 12.000
- Academic Degree: PhD in Management or PhD in Social Sciences (conferred by the University of Antwerp)
- Next starting date: November 06, 2019
Contact & Counseling
- achieve a highly distinguished academic degree,
- combine their work experience with high-level academic research,
- learn from and collaborate with renowned universities,
- establish or strengthen links with the academic sector,
- pursue a career at the interface of academia and business,
- further develop their research skills and methods,
- broaden and deepen their intellectual capabilities.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant managerial experience
- Demonstration of academic and professional progression
- Pre-selected field of research which should show high potential for business and management research.
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic and one business)
- Successful completion of the intake procedure
- PhD circles and workshops, conferences, doctoral colloquia
- Integration into the research groups at the participating universities
- Blended learning environment
- Intense supervision process by two scholars
- Didactical concept and definition of content and requirements through the UAntwerp and Antwerp Management School
- Based on critical literature review, contribution to management research and empirical research
- Public defense of the thesis before a committee of internal and external examiners at the UAntwerp
The establishment of the program is subject to submission to and registration by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ) in accordance with § 27 para. 1 and in accordance with § 27 para. 6 HS-QSG. The registration of the program in accordance with § 27 para. 6 HS-QSG does not ascertain equivalence with Austrian study programs and similar Austrian academic degrees. Graduates awarded with an academic degree from Belgium are entitled to use it in accordance with § 88 para. 1 of the 2002 law governing universities. The academic degrees awarded by the University of Antwerp are therefore recognized foreign degrees in Austria and may be used in official documents in accordance with § 88 para. 1a of the 2002 law governing universities.