Master of Science in Finance and Banking
Offered jointly between the UPF Department of Economics and Business, and the UPF Barcelona School of Management, the Master of Science in Finance and Banking is a one-year, full time professionally-oriented program entirely taught in English targeted at participants who wish to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills for a successful career in the financial sector. The program includes a curricular internship and it allows you to choose your preferred elective courses according to your career plans.
Practically focused and internationally oriented, the Master of Science in Finance and Banking provides students with the ability to apply complex financial, economic and investment theories to both corporations and the financial services industry. The course will provide you with the background and the pratical skills to succeed in investment banks and securities firms, in finance departments of industrial and service companies and in central banks.
The Master of Science in Finance and Banking benefits from the outstanding faculty of the UPF's world ranked Department of Economics and Business, known for its scientific approach, its constant contribution to creating knowledge and its high-level ability to stimulate and convey knowledge.
The faculty of the program includes a unique selection of academics of UPF and other prestigious universities as well as experienced business professionals from some of the top financial firms, consultancies and corporate financial services.
Why this program?
- You will be part of UPF’s Department of Economics and Business, a vibrant, diverse and truly international community, consistently ranked among the top 10 departments in Europe.
- You will end up with a deep understanding of how financial markets and financial institutions work as well as of the impact financial regulation has on both areas
- You will master, and put to work, the most recent tools and techniques used by financial analysts in the increasingly complex and challenging world of finance.
- You will be taught by some of the world's top-ranked academic faculty, both from UPF and other prestigious international universities.
- You also will benefit from the insights and the expertise of a unique selection of experienced business professionals of the financial sector.
- You may benefit from our Talent Scholarships, offering discounts to early candidates who can demonstrate an exceptional academic, professional or personal trajectory (more information, click here).
- You will prepare and present a master thesis, supervised by a specialized faculty member in your topic of choice and the master thesis coordinator.
- You will take an active role in the “Connecting with the Industry” course, discussing current issues in banking and finance with top professionals of the sector.
- You will complete an internship, providing relevant work experience in the financial sector, and benefit from the assistance in career development of our Office of Career Services.
- To understand the functioning of financial institutions and financial markets, and the global impact of current banking and financial market regulation.
- To learn how to take the right investment and financing decisions, developing and applying the most up-to-date valuation methodologies in Excel financial models.
- To develop analytical skills with the help of statistical software such as STATA and real-time market and fundamental data from platforms such as Thomson Reuters’ Eikon.
- To be able to identify and value productive assets, and build and manage portfolios of securities, making use of recent methodologies and techniques such as machine learning
- To acquire and master the tools needed to produce a research paper, a corporate valuation and a financial plan, and put them in practice in the course's master thesis.
- To work with real-world cases throughout the academic year, and to obtain relevant work experience during the “Connecting with Industry” course and the professional internship.
- To acquire and master the skills needed for a successful career in investment or commercial banking, consultancy or in the accounting and finance department of any company.
Who is it for?
The Master of Science in Finance and Banking is aimed at recent graduates and junior professionals with the following academic backgrounds:
- Business Administration
Applicants with a different academic background will be asked to provide proof of sufficient quantitative and analytical training by presenting a GMAT score of 650 or higher.
Regular fees: 18500 EUR
Talent scholarships, external financial aid, discounts and bank loans available. Visit the website for more information
Barcelona , Spain