Regular fees: 23580 USD
- Complete your degree in less than 2 years
- 8-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Formulate strategies to attract and retain market share and promote social and economic development objectives for specific tourism destinations.
- Communicate effectively with tourism industry stakeholders such as policymakers, members of the private sector and the general public.
- Critically evaluate contemporary management and leadership strategies as they relate to the global tourism industry and sustainable business practices.
- Create sustainable tourism development plan that encompass cultural, sociological and motivational differences.
Upon graduation, students may be employed by government agencies and international travel and tourism organizations as consultants and developers of tourism destinations. The private sector may also offer opportunities for employment to graduates of the program.
WHY EARN YOUR MS – GLOBAL TOURISM AND SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DEGREE FROM JWU?
As a student in this master's program in global tourism and sustainable economic development at Johnson & Wales, you can:
- Earn your degree at your own pace with our accelerated schedule
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Benefit from challenging coursework, designed to build your management skills
- Engage in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
Students pursuing this degree program will deepen their knowledge of global tourism and sustainable economic development with courses such as:
- Tourism Economics
- International Tourism Development, Economic Issues and Strategic Solutions in the Developing World
- Global Tourism Marketing and Branding
- International Sustainable Tourism Policy Analysis and Development
- And More
Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Science (MS) degree.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Global Tourism & Sustainable Economic Developement careers, click the Career Coach button below.
Regular fees: 23580 USD
College of Online Education, 115 Cedar St.
RI 02903 Providence , United States