Type of position
CHAIR OF ECONOMICS WITH FOCUS ON MICROECONOMICS
The Chair of Economics with focus on Microeconomics currently has a vacancy for an academic member of staff. Applications that include a cover letter, résumé, certification, etc. should be submitted by September 10, 2012 to:
Thomas.email@example.com. For further information about the position, please contact Prof. Kittsteiner.
• You hold an excellent university degree either in Economics, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
• You are interested in matters pertaining to Theoretical Microeconomics particularly in the fields of Auction and Contract Theory, Applied Game Theory, Organizational Economics, Industrial Economics, Political Economics, or Behavioral Economics, and you are interested in scientific research.
• You intend to take a doctoral degree or you have recently gained a doctoral degree.
• You have an excellent command of English.
• You are a creative and resourceful team player.
• You are an expert in the field of Microeconomics or you are prepared to extend your knowledge of that field through the attendance of appropriate advanced courses.
• Relevant software skills, e.g. Stata or Matlab, are desirable but not essential.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will primarily be involved in conducting scientific research, whereby the focus will be on scientific collaboration within the Chair and the University and the developing and implementation of your own projects. You will also be involved in managing lectures, student theses and seminar papers, and in teaching primarily in the field of Microeconomics at Bachelor and Master levels.
The candidate will be employed as a regular employee. The position is to be filled as soon as possible and is for a fixed term to 2 years with an option for extension. This is a part-time vacancy (75 % of the standard weekly hours for full time employees).
The successful candidate has the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree. Salary is according to TV-L 13. RWTH Aachen University has been certified as a "Family Friendly University". RWTH is committed to promoting the careers of women and therefore looks forward to receiving applications by female candidates. For positions in organisational units where women are underrepresented, in cases of equal qualification, ability and professional achievement, preference will be given to female applicants unless reasons specific to an individual candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
The University positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified disabled people.
YOUR CONTACT PERSON
For further information, please contact
Tel. +49 (0) 241-80 96155
Fax. +49 (0) 241-80 92345
You can also obtain further information from our websites:
Please send your application by 10 September 2012 to:
RWTH Aachen University
Chair of Economics with focus on Microeconomics
or submitted via mail to:
Applications by e-mail are questionable from a data protection point of view. The applicant is fully responsible for submitting an application by e-mail. It is recommended that applicants submit written applications by post.