The chair of applied economics at RWTH Aachen University, headed by Prof. Dr. Almut Balleer, is currently seeking to employ a postdoctoral research fellow. Research conducted at the chair covers applied macroeconomics, such as business cycles, growth, and macro-labor. Applications covering these areas are particularly welcome. The position is partly funded by the Germany Research Foundation (DFG) within the priority program 1578 Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy. With respect to teaching, the chair covers basic and advanced courses in econometrics as well as macroeconomics.
Applications should include the usual documents (cover letter, CV, certificates, etc.). Please send applications in electronic format only to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 15th May, 2017.
- You have obtained an excellent university degree (Master or comparable) in economics, business, mathematics, physics, or economic engineering.
- You have research experience in macroeconomics and/or labor economics
- You have gained experience of econometrics or statistics during your studies and you have already conducted empirical analyses
- You have finished or are close to finishing your dissertation
- You have an excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- You are capable of working on your own initiative but you are also a creative team player.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
Your main duty is to proceed with your own research and, if possible, to join existing and/or start new research projects in cooperation with the team at the chair and within the university.
You will be expected to support teaching at the chair which mainly encompasses teaching tutorials and mentoring student theses in the field of applied econometrics and macroeconomics at Bachelor and Master level.
The position is three years limited and is to be filled by July 01, 2017.
This is a full-time position. It is also available as part-time employment per request..
The salary corresponds to level TVL 13 of the German public service salary scale (TV-L).
For further details, please contact
Tel.: +49 (0) 0241-8096156
Please send your application by May 15, 2017 to
LuF Empirische Wirtschaftsforschung
RWTH Aachen University is certified as a "Family-Friendly University". We particularly welcome and encourage applications from women, disabled persons and ethnic minority groups, recognizing they are underrepresented across RWTH Aachen University. The principles of fair and open competition apply and appointments will be made on merit.