The University of Trento is now inviting applications from qualified candidates for 24 PhD Scholarships in its three PhD programmes:
PhD programme in Economics and Management (9 scholarships)
The programme focuses on the fields of decision sciences, organization, human and natural resource management with special attention to methodologies used in a behavioural approach to economic studies. Such an approach is increasingly adopted to generate predictions about market dynamics, particularly in the fields of finance, natural resources and tourism, and consumption, as well as to design organizations and institutions. Particular emphasis will be given to research proposals on the following subjects:
• Managing and accounting for sustainable businesses
• Industrial dynamics and firms' heterogeneity
• The emergence of disruptive technological innovation in the financial sector: Impact on bank business models and the regulatory framework
• Nudging tax compliance
PhD programme in Development Economics and Local Systems (8 scholarships) – a joint PhD programme with the University of Florence
The PhD Programme aims to develop the following knowledge and skills:
- Researchandtrainingactivitiesinappliedeconomicsbothinacademicsandat firms level, systems of firms, public and private research centers, and international, national and non – governmental organizations
- Impact analysis of policies and evaluation/management of programmes and projects
The PhD Programme is organized in two curricula:
Both curricula need a good knowledge of the economic and behavioural dynamics both in developed and developing economies.
PhD programme in Sociology and Social Research (7 scholarships)
The programme provides state-of-the-art research training and teaches advanced professional skills in sociology and social research. Besides providing a solid foundation in the disciplines, including a broad range of quantitative and qualitative methods, the Programme places strong emphasis on theoretically driven empirical sociology.
Application Deadline: June 7, 2017 - 4 p.m. (CEST)
All programmes are full time and will be taught in English by members of the university’s multi-national faculty. No tuition fees are charged and the scholarships are adequate to cover living expenses in Trento.
For more information, please contact:
Doctoral School of Social Sciences
University of Trento
via Verdi 26