The EPO offers grants for academic research
20000 - 10000 EUR
The European Patent Office (EPO) is pleased to announce a new call for proposals for funding under its Academic Research Programme
Under the programme, grants of up to EUR 100 000 are awarded in respect of selected proposals on patent-related matters. Proposed projects shall address a specific question, spanning various disciplinary fields including economics, IP management and data sciences.
Queries and completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With this research programme, introduced in 2017, the EPO seeks in particular to encourage more academic research on the role of patents in the European economy and to promote the dissemination of research results. The focus this time is on eight thematic areas:
- Measuring the impact of patents on innovation
- Role of IP in technology transfer, commercialisation, and/or investment activities
- Patent services and intermediaries
- Patents and the IP bundle
- Patents and disruptive technologies (AI, blockchain, 3D, etc.)
- Impact of public policy and the regulatory landscape on the use of patents by SMEs and PROs across Europe
- Patents and climate change mitigation technologies
- Advanced use of PATSTAT, patent searching, and analytics (e.g. classification, potential of IP linked open data)
Interdisciplinary projects will also be considered.
The deadline for submission of proposals is 30 June 2020.