The European Patent Office (EPO) is pleased to announce a new call for proposals for funding under its Academic Research Programme.
Under the programme, grants of up to EUR 100 000 are awarded in respect of selected proposals on patent-related matters. This programme complements the EPO's long-standing commitment to support research on patent data obtained through its Worldwide Patent Statistical Database (PATSTAT).
This is the second year in succession in which such a call for proposals is being made. The focus this time is on seven thematic areas spanning various disciplines including economics, IP management, IP law and data sciences:
- Patents and the European market for technology
- Patent services and new IP businesses
- IP strategy and IP management
- Use of patents by SMEs and universities in Europe
- Patents, artificial intelligence and the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Patents and climate change mitigation technologies
- Advanced use of PATSTAT, patent searching, and analytics (e.g. classification, potential of IP linked open data)
The deadline for receipt of proposals is 30 April 2018.
Interdisciplinary projects are welcome.