Grants & Loans

Redlands Community College

Other funding


The best kind of financial aid is the kind that doesn’t have to be paid back. Grants are funds that do not have to repaid. There are three types of grants available: Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant and Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant. To qualify for these grants, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Remember to enter the Redlands’ school code 003156 when filling out the FAFSA to make sure we receive your information.

Pell Grants are awarded to students who have not earned a bachelor’s degree. You can receive a Pell Grant as either a full-time or part-time student.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is awarded to eligible Redlands students based on the availability of funds at the time we receive your application.

The Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program (OTAG) is a need-based grant program for Oklahoma residents who attend approved colleges, universities, and career technology centers in Oklahoma. OTAG is a program of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. Awards are approved for full-time or part-time undergraduate study. It is important to submit the FAFSA early for this program. OTAG’s deadline for FAFSA applications is December 1.

Grant funds will be applied to your account after the add/drop for the semester of the award. Once your account is paid in full, you will be issued a refund.

Need more information about grants? Look through our Frequently Asked Questions.



Loans can help fill in the gaps left by grants and scholarships, but it’s important to know what kind of loan you are getting.

A subsidized direct loan is need based, and interest does not start accruing until after you graduate. An unsubsidized direct loan is not based on need, and interest starts accruing as soon as you get the loan, even while you are still in school.

You must be enrolled in at least six hours to be eligible for a loan. To apply for a direct loan, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Remember to enter the Redlands’ school code 003156 when filling out the FAFSA to make sure we receive your information.

Parents can apply for a PLUS loan to help pay for a student’s education expenses. A parent who plans to borrow the loan should submit a completed PLUS application (available from your school, lender or guaranty agency) to the college’s financial aid office.

Do you have a question about loans, we've got answers.


Work Study

The Work Study Program is need-based financial aid that gives you the chance to help pay for college expenses. If you qualify for the Program, you could possibly get a job on campus, earning minimum wage. Redlands will pay you directly.


More Information


Other funding


El Reno , United States