Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship
Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships assist full-time Indigenous Australian students from rural and regional and low income backgrounds, or those required to move out of home to undertake tertiary educationwith financial support associated with their study for up to three years.
- is an Australian citizen; and
- is of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- identifies as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person; and
- is accepted as such by the community in which they live, or formerly lived; and
- enrolled/enrolling in an undergraduate, postgraduate or research degree; and
- Is able to demonstrate low socio-economic status either:
- through being in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment (such as Austudy, ABSTUDY, Youth Allowance, etc); or
- on the basis of an assessment conducted by or on behalf of the eligible scholarship provider.
Selection is made on the basis of an applicant meeting the eligibility criteria. As there are limited scholarships available, the scholarships are awarded based on those considered in the most need, with preference given to students from a rural or regional area.
The scholarship offers a stipend of $5,000 per annum paid in equal instalments at the beginning of each semester for up to 3 years.
For students awarded an Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship prior to 2017, the scholarship offers a stipend of $2,676 per annum (indexed annually) paid in equal instalments at the beginning of each semester for up to 4 years.
How to apply
All applicants applying for admission to ANU through the direct Admission Scholarship and Accommodation Application will be automatically considered for the award based on them meeting the eligibility criteria and electing to be considered for scholarships.
CRICOS Provider : 00120CABN : 52 234 063 906
You appear to be using Internet Explorer 7, or have compatibility view turned on. Your browser is not supported by ANU web styles.
Canberra , Australia